Likes Likes:  22
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rado breaks new ground again.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I find the position of the date somewhat distracting but at least the put a frame around it.

I guess they didn't want anything to distract from the dial texture. I reckon that brushing would look awesome in the flesh.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

2. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    I guess they didn't want anything to distract from the dial texture. I reckon that brushing would look awesome in the flesh.
    Oh, yes. Even with numerous issues with this watch I am really intrigued. I have way lfewer problems with the 43 mm on this one than on the 1616.

Oh, yes. Even with numerous issues with this watch I am really intrigued. I have way lfewer problems with the 43 mm on this one than on the 1616.

I think it will wear fairly small so the size isn't a huge issue for me, excuse the pun.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

That is simply elegant, but at 43mm in that style, it kills it for me. Too bad as I really like the dial, font usage and the crown looks very interesting.

Does the brushing really have that Jean Harlow look? It's very striking and I can't quite work out how it's applied.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Does the brushing really have that Jean Harlow look? It's very striking and I can't quite work out how it's applied.

I guess so... If you mean the "zen garden" brushing, as Rado calls it, yes. That's what makes this watch, in my opinion. The other good features all play off that.

It looks like it is brushed all the way around the dial and then straight down. I con't imagine in this modern day and age it would be too hard to build a device that holds the dial in place and allows that motion to be made. I use all kinds of jigs that do odd things for specific results.

I find the position of the date somewhat distracting but at least the put a frame around it.
    I would prefer it withOUT date.
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Blog Entries
    Amazing achievement, but I'll be honest; I'm struggling with the aesthetic. It's very elegant, but at a sport watch size, at 43mm, and on a NATO, which doesn't seem to fit. And even though I'm sure the brushing looks different in person, that much gray all in one spot does induce a yawn or two. Keep the size, but jazz up the dial and hands a little bit, Rado!
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking