Likes Likes:  38
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New arrival D-Star 200

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Indeed it is right purty!

Your photos always make the watches drool-worthy. That is why you can me such a dangerous enabler, Henry!
    Sorry, missed this last night. Thank you and enabling is always my pleasure.

2. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post
    That's a great watch Henry and excellent photos as usual.

The rubber Rado diver's strap I fitted to my XL Chrono also has a stainless steel deployant. My thoughts were that it may give the catch more heft, to help balance the watch on the wrist, given that the rubber is so much lighter than the bracelet.

I find the rubber more comfortable, probably because the rubber Rado is very pliable, especially compared to the thinner band on my Seastar. That band is stiffer and causes the watch to spring up away from the wrist and flop about a bit. Making it tighter just causes the embossed 'T' pattern to bite into the wrist. Altogether the Rado is just so much better.
    Thank you Frank. That\s a good point about the steel clasp. Rado uses titanium not to reduce weight but for it's hypoallergenic qualities. Their decision not to use must be based on something beyond the norm and your explanation sounds pretty reasonable.

4. Likes FSM71 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I'm also trying to recall, but this might be the only Swatch group product with a cyclops?
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Thank you Michael. You may well be right about the cyclops. I can't think of another.
    There are many Swatches that use a cyclops, but I can't think of others offhand that use a cyclops.

The new Omega Speedmaster Moonphase in platinum uses a tiny little magnifying glass affixed to the date pointer. It's a cool way to do it without sticking a wart on the crystal.

(Photo from ablogtowatch)

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot about Tissot and Hamilton, both of which have offered watches with cyclops (of sorts).

Last edited by FuzzyB; Mar 26, 2016 at 07:08 PM.

6. Likes JAGtime, Henry Krinkle, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    There are many Swatches that use a cyclops, but I can't think of others offhand that use a cyclops.

The new Omega Speedmaster Moonphase in platinum uses a tiny little magnifying glass affixed to the date pointer. It's a cool way to do it without sticking a wart on the crystal.

(Photo from ablogtowatch)

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot about Tissot and Hamilton, both of which have offered watches with cyclops (of sorts).

I was thinking Hamilton also, but I thought it might be one of the Elvis Ventura models. I could not find it though. OK the other Hamilton I have not seen before, and I forget Tissot. I don't think the Omega qualifies as a cyclops.
    Last edited by Samanator; Mar 26, 2016 at 08:08 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!