Likes Likes:  59
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Date window or no?

Hybrid View

Date window or no?

I notice many of you say that you would prefer mentioned watches without a date window? I, on the other hand, am a big fan purely for practical reasons. Whats the logic behind this madness?!?!?! No date? What?!

If you feel the need, post a pic of your best no date window watch. I would love to see it.

p.s. the next watch I'm looking to purchase doesn't have a date window and that irks me a bit, but its going to be a while so I have time to be converted. Give me your best shot.
    B.-

I love watches both with and without date, it doesn't sway me either way if one I have my eyes on has it or doesn't...

I either like the watch or I don't Name:  spit.gif
Views: 222
Size:  6.6 KB

3. Likes shemp, DM71, popoki nui liked this post
    Depends on how the date is done- sometimes it can ruin the look. I for one, do not have the short vision to read it anyway.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

I could go either way. I like a date on my watches for practical reasons, but I like a no date for the ascetics and symmetry of the watch. I am getting a no date for Christmas, so I will have a final evaluation after some wear.
    OWN
    Marathon JSAR G-Shock GW-530A, GA-100-1A1, G-9300-1 Mudman
    Seiko SKX007K2 Swatch High Wonder Maratac Large Pilot 2013 Russian AChS-1 panel clock
    Post first, edit for clarity later.

More I than S underwatermechanic's Avatar
    I don't mind if it has one or not but it has to be at three or six. I hate having the date on a funny angle at four or five

7. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by underwatermechanic View Post
    ...I hate having the date on a funny angle at four or five
    Amen, brother, amen.

I prefer no date for the balance, and on a mechanical watch to save setting it. I am more inclined to "accept" a date on quartz.

Name:  SubQP.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  41.2 KB

Name:  SMAndTree.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  96.7 KB

One exception is this, as the date function is still balanced. I just keep this one on a winder to save setting it!

Name:  PerigraphAndKey.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  70.0 KB
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

10. Likes iyonk, M. Montaigne, mlcor, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSport View Post
    I prefer no date for the balance, and on a mechanical watch to save setting it. I am more inclined to "accept" a date on quartz.
    My thoughts exactly. You made the two points I was about to!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyR___ View Post
    If you feel the need, post a pic of your best no date window watch. I would love to see it.
    I feel the need to post one of my fave date watches: (as it's my WRUW watch today):

Name:  DSC01717.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  53.9 KB

Name:  DSC01723.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  55.0 KB

13. Likes zaskar36, Colin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I feel the need to post one of my fave date watches: (as it's my WRUW watch today):

Name:  DSC01717.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  53.9 KB

Name:  DSC01723.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  55.0 KB
    I love your collection dude but I'm afraid that date window does not work for me at all there - I'd much prefer it without.

Design-wise sometimes date windows do work for me:

But on the LLD I prefer no date, though as a daily wearer it's a very useful feature...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague