Likes Likes:  5

Thread: New CWC G10/GS2000 variants

New CWC G10/GS2000 variants

I love my G10 and I'm not sure I'd buy either of these at the price they're asking (£299, so twice the price of the classic G10), but the upgrades are good ones. Both the PVD and the plain steel version boast 200m WR (up from 50m on the original) and sapphire crystal rather than plexiglass. Pretty cool

http://www.silvermans.co.uk/collecti...nt=15587607875

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. Likes is that my watch, Smeagal liked this post
    Nice, but I'm not sure why manufacturers feel the need to shout QUARTZ on the dial

It spoils it for me, not because it's quartz, but because of that ^

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Nice, but I'm not sure why manufacturers feel the need to shout QUARTZ on the dial

It is quite in your face isn't it, although it doesn't bother me at all on my G10. I wonder if it's there because of historical reasons - ie to make it easy for Quartermasters to distinguish between quartz and mechanical watches

5. Likes is that my watch liked this post

Doesn't most autos have Automatic on the dial? Seems to just be normal procedure for watch companies.

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Doesn't most autos have Automatic on the dial? Seems to just be normal procedure for watch companies.
    Should have mentioned that in my last nights post, Automatic drives me mad ..... it's just pointless !!

8. Likes meijlinder liked this post
    Should have mentioned that in my last nights post, Automatic drives me mad ..... it's just pointless !!
    How about "Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified“?

10. Likes meijlinder liked this post
    That's ok cos it's nonsense

I just don't like QUARTZ or automatic

I guess I wouldn't like handwind .... I do have watches that have variations on the theme and I tolerate them because of other attractive aesthetic values ....
    Last edited by Seriously; Mar 31, 2016 at 07:29 PM.

That's ok cos it's nonsense
    Many Germans are good at stating the obvious as well. Always writing all complications on the dial.