Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Craig: Bond movies went dark because Mike Myers f***ed us

Daniel Craig: Bond movies went dark because Mike Myers f***ed us

http://io9.com/the-james-bond-movies...ium=socialflow

The truth of it is that I always had this plan in my head is that we got to make them and begin them again and bring all that back in, but it had to happen the way it did. I can't see it happening any other way. We had to destroy the myth because Mike Myers ****ed us - I am a huge Mike Myers fan, so don't get me wrong - but he kind of ****ed us; made it impossible to do the gags. What I am proudest of in Skyfall is the lightness of touch we've been able to bring to back into it but not lose the drama and the action.

Blog Entries
    The Living Daylights was a very dark Bond film that came way before the Austin Powers movies.

3. Likes Roller.959 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I suppose Inspector Clouseau messed up the hard boiled detective films as well. I mean, maybe somebody would want to do LA Confidential or Se7en as a comedy.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

5. Likes Orson liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I like Daniel Craig's work and think he is an excellent Bond, though I despised Skyfall. But I've seen him be obnoxious in interviews before and this feels like more of the same.

I am not a fan of the Austin Powers movies myself, but I find it hard to accept they had any real effect on the Bond franchise.

What about Flint?

Jeannie

7. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    i agree that he does come across as very smug and i find that permanent 'pout' really annoying - he is of course only as good as the special effects allow him to be and of course his stuntman [although he purports to do most of them himself -yeh right!!!]

Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    I suppose Inspector Clouseau messed up the hard boiled detective films as well. I mean, maybe somebody would want to do LA Confidential or Se7en as a comedy.

Yeah, nothing quite gets a guffaw like a head in a box.

Craig might be the best Bond yet.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    Craig might be the best Bond yet.

I think he is.

Jeannie

1- Connery
    2-Craig
    3- Everyone else
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

13. Likes Teeritz liked this post
    I don't think he's entirely wrong although I'd say that Mike Myers was more the final straw than anything else (although I also have to say that I find Austin Powers embarrassingly awful).

As for the Connery v Craig thing, I think Craig is the best Bond while Connery was, as he is in virtually every role he ever played, the best Connery. When I watch the early Bonds I am, of course, riveted by the guy but for my money Daniel Craig brings texture, depth and humanity to the character that Sean Connery just wasn't capable of.

Plus Daniel Craig is a watch-loving Liverpool supporter. 'Nuff said.
    Last edited by GaryF; Dec 6, 2014 at 07:45 AM.

15. Likes Raza liked this post