Likes Likes:  58
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the (Modern) Collection.

State of the (Modern) Collection.

I haven't done an SotC in quite a while and I have had numerous changes. I also realized that my modern and vintage collections are really quite different, though they have a little overlap with the Diastars. I am going to present them as separate collections for that reason ( and because I haven't the time to organize all the vintage photos, but shhh), The modern collection is pretty easy to do, as it is not too large and all the photos are newish and easy top track down.

One of the crown jewels of my collection, The Hyperchrome Golden Horse. If this watch had decent water resistance, I could almost make do with it alone.

The new addition, a watch I like a whole lot more than I thought I would. It wears much slimmer and smaller than I remember. D-Star 200

One of my two or three favourite Diastars. Like the Hyperchrome GH it is incredibly easy to read despite being silver on silver. Rado seems to have a gift for this. 50 Years of Diastar LE

My only all ceramic watch, the D-Star

I am quite fond of the stark look of the watch my wife bought me for my 50th birthday. It draws it's inspiration from an early Rado which is why I call it the "Starliner" Centrix.

Rock solid tool watch. The New Original XL lives up to the concept of the original Diastar. It is meant to take a beatingwhile still looking peculiar.

Two more gems, both 2002 LEs. I cannot repeat enough times how happy I am to have the Diastar 40 back and running beautifully.

And of course the 40 Years of Diastar Extra Large. Is this the perfect Diastar?

And to round out the modern Rados a couple of quirky Diastars.

The Accustar is not one of the LE versions, so I don't quite have the 2002 LE set. I actually don't mind this watch, especially since I got it for very little. It is one of only two quartz watches in my collection. This one is actually a mechanical/ quartz hybrid.

And finally the very quirky Diastar 62. I really like this watch on the occasions I do wear it.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Apr 6, 2016 at 05:10 AM.

The non-Rados.

Another one of the jewels in my collection is the Model 400. What a pleasure it has been to get this watch several years earlier than I expected.

It compliments my other RGM quite nicely, the odd and quirky Model 22 Deck Watch.

I thought I would love the Diamaster Grande Seconde, but when I tried it on I hated it. Then I tried on a watch I thought I would hate, but didn't. I ended up going home with the Longines Heritage 1935

The Eterna Kon Tiki is fast becoming a weekend favourite.

The Eterna Soleuere was not only my first chronograph, but for all intents and purposes my first non Rado or Louis Rossel since falling down that rabbit hole.

A couple of knock-arounds I picked up for too little to pass up last year. The PRC- 200, which has the Powermatic 80 int it. This watch is so incredibly accurate.

It turns out that chronographs are useful. The work timer, T-Lord. Finding a 7750 with two year warranty for a lot less than $1000 is not easy.

What a beautiful little handwind the Stowa Antea ks is

The Meistersinger Neo is a ton of fun for weekends and is really easy to tell time with, once you are used to it.

Rounding out the modern watches is the massive, but light, Orient Beast M-Force in titanium. I am looking forward to taking it into the Caribbean this coming winter.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Apr 6, 2016 at 05:16 AM.

I'm jell, send me 93% of your non-Rado collection.......

You can console yourself with your main love

4. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Loving the Eternas and the RGM EOT may very well be my next watch. Or my next watch might be a KonTiki. If one of those goes missing from your collection......I don't know nuthin' 'bout nuthin'.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Excellent collection. And here I was worried about having more than six watches. I guess I need to buy more.

8. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    I love SOTC threads and this one is FANTASTIC!
    thank you very much Hank... gorgeous watches and i have fun reading and enjoying your gorgeous trademark pictures..

10. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Reference-grade pictures. Most of your watches will never have been shown to such advantage.

12. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Awesome as always. Are you considering a winter home in South Florida? I could really use some pictures of this quality for my watches. I know I can do better, I just don't have the time at the moment.

Do they call this an octopus dial?
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

14. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Very nice collection.

Awesome photos.

16. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Superb collection, Henry! Congratulations on an interesting, and very classy collection.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

18. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post