Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your first Seiko?

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by ken_sturrock View Post
    I have to admit that even though I have liked Seikos for a long time, one thing that turned me off to buying a higher-end model was the unrelenting "wall of hype" put forth by some of the brand's advocates. I'm enough of a contrarian that when something gets that much praise, I become suspicious.

Of course, I have a Speedmaster too so, I guess I've just become another generic WIS poster boy!
    I understand completely. I was hesitant, but my SARB (which I purchased pre-owned) really changed my mind.

2. Likes pepperami liked this post
    This was my 1st Seiko - I still have it but it has no battery so I don't know if it's still in working order:

Can't tell much about it as it involves a good deal of family hystory that I don't wanna talk about - I got it as a present from my mother shortly before my parents got divorced - I think I was around 9 or 10 at the time.

cheers, Sedi

4. Likes pepperami, ken_sturrock liked this post
    Huh! I cannot remember my first Seiko.
    Did I buy a bunch at a time?
    Hmm....

But this was definitely one of the first.

Name:  SpdMaster99.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  104.5 KB
    Last edited by Chronopolitano; Dec 7, 2014 at 07:16 AM.

6. Likes Chicolabronse, pepperami liked this post
    My first Seiko I bought around 2002 and it was my one and only watch until around 2010 when I got a Speedmaster. Case size is 36mm which was an average size back then but looks too small now. I don't wear it anymore since I've become used to 40-42mm. Plus the integrated bracelet is hideous and can't be changed.

Name:  IMG_2330.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  77.2 KB

You may find this post amusing http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...ll=1#post17767

8. Likes pepperami liked this post
    Hi all

My first Seiko was a SMY093P1, as below. It's over 10 years old, costing around £200 when new (I paid around £100).

Recently I polished it up (mainly the bracelet) and fitted a new glass. As you can see, it a thicker glass, but I like it like that.

Enjoy

Name:  original.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  253.8 KB

Name:  d.png
Views: 114
Size:  191.5 KB

Name:  SMY093P1_wruw_260214.png
Views: 116
Size:  224.6 KB

10. Likes pepperami, ken_sturrock, Munchie liked this post
    My first Seiko was my gateway watch.

I hadnt worn a watch for many years but then one day decided that I wanted one.

I wasnt really sure what style to get but I had always fancied one with a timing bezel. At the time I thought that Id be a bit of a fraud if I wore a divers watch but did not dive. So I didnt pull the trigger.

Then I started dating a girl who was training to be a dive master - I learned how to scuba dive and thats when I felt justified spending money on a watch like this;

Name:  2014-09-14 15.45.21.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  127.2 KB

Name:  2014-09-14 15.51.41.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  38.7 KB

Name:  P2.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  120.6 KB

True story !

Your first Seiko?

This was my first ever Seiko,and I'm (currently) walking on a slippery slope

2 days ago I saw a kinetic gmt tuna,thankfully it was sold and it cost 60+ k yen here...

My SKX007
    OWN
    Marathon JSAR G-Shock GW-530A, GA-100-1A1, G-9300-1 Mudman
    Seiko SKX007K2 Swatch High Wonder Maratac Large Pilot 2013 Russian AChS-1 panel clock
    Post first, edit for clarity later.

14. Likes Munchie liked this post

My 1st was a sawtooth

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842