Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Russian quartz 50 anniversary watch **** Tell me more****

Russian quartz 50 anniversary watch **** Tell me more****

well I bought a joblot of watches and this was in it.
    Name:  PICT0001.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  66.4 KBName:  PICT0002.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  64.2 KB

was told at the time that you could set the time but winding it up does not work .. so I thought nice dial and if I could not fix it I would swap the dial out to something else so guess my surprise when opening it I saw this Name:  PICT0008.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  71.4 KBName:  PICT0010.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  74.1 KB well I found a 371 battery to fit and is working like a charm but just curios to find out more .. so any theory out there guy's/girls
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Kinda looks like a Slava Cal 2356 quartz movement, but I'm no expert. Slava was made in the 2nd Moscow Watch Factory.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    Kinda looks like a Slava Cal 2356 quartz movement, but I'm no expert. Slava was made in the 2nd Moscow Watch Factory.
    it does have Caba on the dial so that would fit as slava / caba are the same ? yeah it's my first quartz from Russia. when you say Russian watch to me I think mechanical lol . wow be cool if it came from the 2nd would it not guess maybe made for the 50th anniversary of the end of the war maybe.. so 1995 era maybe all input welcome
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    Russian quartz movements are relatively rare and nowadays the Russian made stuff with quartz has Japanese movements.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    Russian quartz movements are relatively rare and nowadays the Russian made stuff with quartz has Japanese movements.
    cool I did not think they did much in the way of quartz. I can't think who said it but did they not say something about the Russian man winding his own watch or words to that affect ?.
    so thought it was frown upon to make them ? .
    but did see a nice one once that I missed out on that was a caba to it was inset into a piece of resin so you could see the back of the watch and it had the swatch type battery compartment to change the battery let me see if I can find the pics that was a cool one to me some of the guys was like What !!! lol but I like it uniqueness
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy