Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fair trade?

Fair trade?

Thinking of trading a Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow 1957 and some cash for a Rolex Milgauss GV. Think thats a fair trade?
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

Absolutely. The Speedy is overrated, while the Milgauss is a classic.

Without knowing how much cash is involved, and the condition of the watches, it's hard to tell if it's a good deal. But, if your question is whether a Milgauss GV has more trade value than an Omega Speedmaster Broadarrow 1957, I would definitely say yes.

Patek Philippe
    Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Baume & Mercier Hampton Annual Calendar; Tudor Black Bay.

Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field H70555863; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull 818.900 Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN017P1; Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Absolutely. The Speedy is overrated, while the Milgauss is a classic.
    That too, whoever is giving up a Milgauss for a Speedy Broadarrow is getting the short end of the stick.

Patek Philippe
    Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Baume & Mercier Hampton Annual Calendar; Tudor Black Bay.

Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field H70555863; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull 818.900 Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN017P1; Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51.

I'm trading the speedy + around $2k in cash... I know that the milgauss is more valuable which is why the cash is included, thing is, i paid retail + tax for the speedy at an omega botique and i am still losing a lot on it as well... so it doesn't feel like a great deal
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

Fair trade?

Broad Arrow yes. This one nope
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    I'm trading the speedy + around $2k in cash... I know that the milgauss is more valuable which is why the cash is included, thing is, i paid retail + tax for the speedy at an omega botique and i am still losing a lot on it as well... so it doesn't feel like a great deal
    Since you're asking for honesty, I'll give it.

Its not anyone else's problem that you paid retail and tax. Based on what the watches are worth at market, its a solid deal.

"He's just a witness"

9. Likes Upstate liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop of a Hat View Post
    Since you're asking for honesty, I'll give it.

Its not anyone else's problem that you paid retail and tax. Based on what the watches are worth at market, its a solid deal.

"He's just a witness"
    Sadly yes, at least you understand that you overpaid. There are a million watches currently for sale on the forums asking wayyyy too much just hoping to overcome the amount they shouldn't have spent in the first place. Op- the milgauss is a great watch, I loved mine and you will too

If you like the Rolex more...then yes take the deal. I would.

Some cash = $2k!!
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹
    I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.

13. Likes timekeeper liked this post