Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Pointless habits

  1. #1

    Pointless habits

    I've eaten a million poppadoms, but I don't think I've liked a single one. I don't even kid myself that eating one is something I want to do before I start stuffing it in my face and start ruining my appetite.

    What do you do compulsively and joylessly?

    [If the thread starts to get a bit gloomy balance it out by telling us what you do compulsively and purposelessly but nonetheless with great pleasure]

  2. Likes Chicolabronse liked this post
  3. #2
    Member CamB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I've eaten a million poppadoms, but I don't think I've liked a single one. I don't even kid myself that eating one is something I want to do before I start stuffing it in my face and start ruining my appetite.

    What do you do compulsively and joylessly?

    [If the thread starts to get a bit gloomy balance it out by telling us what you do compulsively and purposelessly but nonetheless with great pleasure]
    I have a bit of OCD when it comes to locking up the house. Check everything several times. Hate myself for it too!!
    Regards Cam

    Watches
    Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

  4. Likes Der Amf, Roller.959 liked this post
  5. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    I have a bit of OCD when it comes to locking up the house. Check everything several times. Hate myself for it too!!
    Ha, and i thought it was only me that done that!! I need to check multiple times that all my lights and sockets are switched off as well, drives the missus crazy!!

    Sent from samsung galaxy

  6. Likes CamB liked this post
  7. #4
    Dinger of Hum Chronopolitano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Chronopolis
    Posts
    1,561
    LOL!
    Had to think hard about it.
    The only thing I could come up with was, checking my email first thing when I get up.
    Even before I've had my first cuppa.

    And for what? Deleting all the spam. Sigh.

  8. #5
    Member BillyR___'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sichuan, China
    Posts
    433
    I tap my door against the frame 3 times before I look down to my the belt loop on the right of my zipper to see if my keys are hooked on or not. If so, I shut the door. Its a weird habit I started in China because the doors here are all steel and lock automatically. Back home I lived in the middle of nowhere and never even locked a door. And I have a key hidden outside my door! There's no point!
    B.-

  9. #6
    b& m8 CanadianStraps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    between the lugs
    Posts
    1,468
    Smoking. Unless you're suicidal, but want to drag it out. (bad pun. Unintentional.)

    I smoked for over 13 years, easily the stupidest thing I've ever done. Quitting was the smartest.

    I still indulge in the odd cigar here and there, and while I don't suggest it is ok, cigarettes are awful. I'd sooner see pot become legal and the drinking age lowered in exchange for cigs being taken off the street. I have a young son and they terrify me.
    Last edited by CanadianStraps; Dec 7, 2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: saw a poor pun
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

  10. #7
    El bot. geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    19,424
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    Smoking. Unless you're suicidal, but want to drag it out. (bad pun. Unintentional.)

    I smoked for over 13 years, easily the stupidest thing I've ever done. Quitting was the smartest.

    I still indulge in the odd cigar here and there, and while I don't suggest it is ok, cigarettes are awful. I'd sooner see pot become legal and the drinking age lowered in exchange for cigs being taken off the street. I have a young son and they terrify me.
    Yeah this was me. I quit 2 years ago and am very proud of myself.

    As for now I play call of duty for hours on end which feels like a waste of my life. I just spent an hour making my emblem slightly resemble IWL's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

  11. Likes Bwana, bajachild, spronston, Martin, Ben liked this post
  12. #8
    Super Member Raza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    20,180
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    [If the thread starts to get a bit gloomy balance it out by telling us what you do compulsively and purposelessly but nonetheless with great pleasure]
    Smoking. Love it.

  13. #9
    All Out Bawl Out Roller.959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    At The Bottom Of The Rope
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    I have a bit of OCD when it comes to locking up the house. Check everything several times. Hate myself for it too!!
    Did you lock the car?

  14. Likes M. Montaigne liked this post
  15. #10
    All Out Bawl Out Roller.959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    At The Bottom Of The Rope
    Posts
    113






    With joy at the time...
    ...and potentially joyless (and therefore pointless) the next morning.


    None are my photos.
    Last edited by Roller.959; Dec 7, 2014 at 03:37 PM.

  16. Likes M. Montaigne, geoffbot liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us