Likes Likes:  1,354
Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Final IWL 1963 Project Registration

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Amazing!!! Thank you gentlemen!
    And geoff's 1 watch collection doubles in size!!!

2. Likes happyscrappyheropup, mlcor liked this post
    Ha! Technically I have 2 other more for a score watches, and 2 gift watches that were even cheaper. That I never wear.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Acrylic and display case back for me please

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5. Likes HKEd liked this post
    Yay! So I will take mine with acrylic and... is the difference between solid and display really 4mm? If so, despite liking the look of the movement I think I want a solid back.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Yay! So I will take mine with acrylic and... is the difference between solid and display really 4mm? If so, despite liking the look of the movement I think I want a solid back.
    Wait, what? Where'd you get that from, Henry? Ed, can you please confirm thickness with and without display back? That could possibly make me change which way I go. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HKEd View Post

The sapphire bezel is higher and the crystal is slightly curved.

Total height of watch with display back is 14mm-15mm and with solid back it is around 11mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    says so here
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

9. Likes mlcor liked this post
    so it you go sapphire / show case back it would be bigger then say acrylic / solid back
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Final IWL 1963 Project Registration

Thanks, itmw! In that case, I'm going to want the solid back as well, that's a huge difference in thickness, and acrylic for the top.

12. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Wait, what? Where'd you get that from, Henry? Ed, can you please confirm thickness with and without display back? That could possibly make me change which way I go. Thanks!
    I just noticed that this morning. I prefer the display back to the solid one, but I want a classically sized chronograph. I already have three that are 42mm by more than half an inch. That is enough. Despite the fact that I will bash the heck out of the acrylic, I also prefer the appearance of it in profile. And at $250-ish I can live with that for a more aesthetically pleasing watch. I actually prefer painting movements that aren't behind glass anyway.

Anyway, in answer to your question I found it here:

Quote Originally Posted by HKEd View Post
    Hi guys and gals!

We have completed discussions and voting on the design of the first IWL project watch and it is a stunner. Thank you all for your feedback and a round of applause to Chicolabronse for providing us with such wonderful renders.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested in purchasing this watch. A deposit of US$120 (through PayPal) will be collected once we reach MOQ of 25. The outstanding balance, including shipping fees, will be required once the watches have been manufactured and prior to sending.

Our watch is based on the classic 1963 reissue and the specifications are as follows:

* 38mm with acrylic (US$240) or sapphire crystal (US$290) plus shipping fees

* ST1901 hand-winding column wheel chronograph movement

* Stainless steel case

* Sunburst fade grey dial and applied logo / markers

* Water resistance of 3 ATM

* Display or solid case back (add US$25 for both)

Final production hands will be longer and curved at the ends.

UPDATE:

Thomas has agreed to go ahead with the project! Please let me know if you want acrylic or sapphire crystal and display or solid case back in your reply below. If you would like both case backs the cost is an additional US$25.

The acrylic model has a domed crystal.

The sapphire bezel is higher and the crystal is slightly curved.

Total height of watch with display back is 14mm-15mm and with solid back it is around 11mm.

14. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Thanks, itmw! In that case, I'm going to want the solid back as well, that's a huge difference in thickness.

I think a 38mm diameter watch that is 15mm thick would look odd.

-- Wayne

16. Likes mlcor liked this post