Likes Likes:  54
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: its a very silly thing really

Hybrid View

its a very silly thing really

but sometimes i find it distracting [if that is the word] when i see for instance an all steel watch shown on the wrist accompanied by a gold wedding ring on the same hand and vice versa an all yellow gold watch worn with a white steel or plat ring - obviously it dies not apply when a mixed metal watch is worn with either - anybody else ! its not a fashion thing i promise just something i have made myself consciously aware of - i would understand a wife's point of view and the ensuing problems if you wore your ring to match your watch

2. Likes hanshananigan, jtaka1 liked this post
    No worries, here. I don't wear any kind of jewelry with the - rare - exception of cufflinks (if justified) and yes, they have to match the watch.

4. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    No worries, here. I don't wear any kind of jewelry with the - rare - exception of cufflinks (if justified) and yes, they have to match the watch.
    maybe i'm not being silly then C -my days of wearing a wedding ring are long gone -its just something that sort of bugs me when noticed on others ! weird !

6. Likes CFR liked this post
    I match all my metals -- that's why I do not own anything "gold". I can't exactly change my wedding ring, after all these years.

I also have a similar problem with leather colors -- it is one thing if there is a slight difference in shade (that's in fact desirable). But do not mix walnut and oxblood and dark brown and black. If you're wearing walnut colored shoes, make sure your watch strap, belt, wallet, and other leathers on your person match.

8. Likes shameless liked this post
    I'm with ya shameless... Though my wedding ring is white gold, it at least doesn't clash too much with my watch. I also make sure my shoes match my belt.

10. Likes shameless, scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I'm with ya shameless... Though my wedding ring is white gold, it at least doesn't clash too much with my watch. I also make sure my shoes match my belt.
    i get you on that gnuyork , while on the subject of belts although i fully understand the meaning and logic of the phrase 'belt and braces ' Name:  lithgow_suspenders_72dpi.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  61.3 KB, i never quite understood why it applied actually to belt and braces !

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    i get you on that gnuyork , while on the subject of belts although i fully understand the meaning and logic of the phrase 'belt and braces ' Name:  lithgow_suspenders_72dpi.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  61.3 KB, i never quite understood why it applied actually to belt and braces !
    Bet and suspenders... quoting "someone" from a movie (was it Henry Fonda? Yep it was) "How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? Man can't even trust his own pants"?

On the matching metal thing, how thoughtless of some women not to buy their man two rings , so he can have one in white gold (goes with platinum, silver and SS) and yellow gold. Of course, then what does one do with rose gold or black PVD watches?

Being left handed and single, no issue here. My watches are worn on the right. Rings are either silver or SS or black. I don't generally wear gold watches (I do have two actually, but if/when I wear them, I leave off the rings). Might get one or more of my Fathers rings sized to fit some day (the gold and gold plated watches came from him).
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

13. Likes shameless liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Bet and suspenders... quoting "someone" from a movie (was it Henry Fonda? Yep it was) "How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? Man can't even trust his own pants"?
    Once Upon a Time in the West, one of the best films of all-time.

Topic related: I think a yellow or rose gold wedding ring looks fine with a stainless steel, platinum, titanium, or white gold watch.

15. Likes T Bone, Upstate liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayseed Brown View Post
    Once Upon a Time in the West, one of the best films of all-time.
    Yes! Yes! And on Netflix!

I'm a bit OCD about what I wear. When working, I simply will not be seen out without trousers. Once I have the trousers on then my OCD takes over: shoes, shirts, and even, I'm afraid to say, socks. In fact it's gone so far that unless I'm in a real hurry, the socks often match and the shade of at least one of the socks will rarely clash with the trousers, the shirt or, at worst, the tie.

As for watches and straps, I have a few, but then again, too few to mention. Few of them match, often internally. Really:

As for wedding rings, I really try to stick to the ring from the woman I'm currently married to as I've found that mixing and matching can cause clashes.

18. Likes Rdenney, hanshananigan liked this post