Likes Likes:  153
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: After a four years wait...just arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Soooo...why don't you?
    I've thought about it...a lot. But I'm also still pining for a Panerai...

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I've thought about it...a lot. But I'm also still pining for a Panerai...
    The no date Type XX is still in the Breguet catalogue for 2016; the date, isn't. I'm not sure if this model is going to last...

The no date Type XX is still in the Breguet catalogue for 2016; the date, isn't. I'm not sure if this model is going to last...
    That's interesting--you'd think that overall, the model with the date would be more popular.

4. Likes CFR liked this post
    That's interesting--you'd think that overall, the model with the date would be more popular.
    Indeed. However, the date is not the only difference. In synthesis:

3800 Aéronavale - no date; polished bezel, multi-layered matt black dial; polished bracelet.
    3820 Transatlantique - date at 6 o'clock; circular brushed bezel, glossy black dial; brushed/polished bracelet.
    I would rather have the no date Aéronavale, but the polished "everything" made it look a bit too shiny...

Indeed. However, the date is not the only difference. In synthesis:

3800 Aéronavale - no date; polished bezel, multi-layered matt black dial; polished bracelet.
    3820 Transatlantique - date at 6 o'clock; circular brushed bezel, glossy black dial; brushed/polished bracelet.
    I would rather have the no date Aéronavale, but the polished "everything" made it look a bit too shiny...

Yeah, that's why I don't want one. Too shiny. Whew!

7. Likes CFR, Samanator liked this post

Way to talk yourself out of it, but I'm not convinced you will not show up with one. You do still need a Pam since you started this thing. Oh and did I mention I'm also blaming the Zenith Type 20 on you since the Pam thing showed me I can live without a date and a big case size as long as it is on a strap. So ricochet enabling over time.

In reality I've been buying all of these over the past three years. I just did not do it until now.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

10. Likes mlcor liked this post
    As you probably recall, I got this watch on its metal bracelet and tried to find a strap to match. At the time, I only had an Hirsch Duke available. I don't dislike Hirsch, but the Duke line is hardly an example of quality and/or comfort.

Fortunately, Iyonk is already taking care of this matter but, meanwhile, I had to find a decent leather. And I did; at least, I think so. I got this Hirsch from their Heritage 1765 line - imo one of their best straps. A few quick pics to illustrate (lugs are 21mm and the strap 22, but it worked quite well):

Attachment 49062

Attachment 49064

Attachment 49063

Attachment 49065
    That strap looks really good with your Breguet, C. It is a great option until your 21 mm Iyonk arrives.

12. Likes CFR, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Way to talk yourself out of it, but I'm not convinced you will not show up with one. You do still need a Pam since you started this thing. Oh and did I mention I'm also blaming the Zenith Type 20 on you since the Pam thing showed me I can live without a date and a big case size as long as it is on a strap. So ricochet enabling over time.

In reality I've been buying all of these over the past three years. I just did not do it until now.
    It's all a matter of priorities. Right now a 620 looks like the next thing. But not for a little while, at least...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    That strap looks really good with your Breguet, C. It is a great option until your 21 mm Iyonk arrives.
    Thanks, Jane.

15. Likes JAGtime liked this post