Likes Likes:  207
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar/username talk

Talk about your avatar picture?, what it is?, where it came from?, who the famous face is?, what the initials mean?, your username?, or someone else's if you like

Mine? : just boring: I just picked the name as I registered - as simple as that , it was just whatever came to me at the time, and the avatar well you've seen that before , tends to indicate how I feel when I order yet another watch!

I remember a similar thread elsewhere on the watch internet where we had some interesting stories
    Obviously the Peter's, Ray's and Michael's of the IWL need not apply, unless you're talking about someone else

Sooo, how about you?
    Last edited by Seriously; Dec 8, 2014 at 10:27 PM.

2. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    I use OrangeSport on a number of forums. It comes from this, a Fiat 500 Sport (in Orange):

Was replaced some time ago with this, but the name has stuck:

Last edited by OrangeSport; Dec 9, 2014 at 11:46 AM.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

4. Likes Ben, Seriously, Domo, popoki nui, JAGtime, bu11itt liked this post

- "I can't make it! I can't! I CAN'T!"

-"Jimenez! You come back down this rope your going straight back to prison!"

6. Likes Seriously, Chronopolitano liked this post
    Old Fogey Support Team chrono555's Avatar
    At the car, just fetching your zimmer frame.
    "Chrono" because when I joined the-other-place all my watches were chronographs. Because there were too many other chrono's I added on some random numbers.
    Ironically I don't own a single chronograph now.....

The avatar is of my Getat.

8. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Blog Entries

My avatar is a picture of a 1905 Illinois 17 jewel pocket watch in a Silverode Case of the time. You can get a sense of the time period by the Art Nouveau style Illinois logo which was a common feature on dials made before 1910.
    The model locomotive is an LNER Tank carved from a lump of Welsh coal. The fob is an antique Keystone case opener.
    I guess my user ID does not need explanation.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

When I joined WUS I was intending to buy 1 (ONE) watch and was having a think, and thought it would probably be German. So, in a daft mood I deliberately translated The Man At The Start Of The Journey into poor German. Unfortunately while walking from one end of my flat to the other I managed to forget the spelling. It should have started Anfang, but I spelt it Der Amfangreisemann. After a few months I finally realised about the spelling mistake, and in case had tired to having a name so long that people were abbreviating it to just Der. So I pruned it to something which means absolutely nothing, but which still has that incorrect M.

11. Likes Seriously, Rob, JAGtime, bu11itt, Ryan, scottjc liked this post
    My contribution to this thread definitely won't be the most interesting - my username is just my first name, and my avatar is a crude sketch of Walter White/Heisenberg drawn by the Mexican Drug Cartel from the show Breaking Bad. Incredible show if anyone hasn't seen it, and it is on Netflix in its entirety!

13. Likes Chronopolitano, timekeeper liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    my username is just my first name,!
    You're (just) a "Ben", get out !

My user name reflects my former career. You'll see it on all the forums I frequent. I'm too unimaginative to change it.

My avatar is the lighthouse at St. Augustine, Florida. I used to live very near it. It was the view from the stern of my boat.
    That is subject to random, senseless change.

16. Likes Seriously, JAGtime liked this post
    My name is also pretty straight forward. As for my avatar, a few years ago Ray messaged me and told me that my avatar of Jessica Alba in a bikini was inappropriate on WUS and he had removed it. So I turned to Maxwell Smart and the shoe phone as I loved the show when I was a kid.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1