Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYC People on IWL

NYC People on IWL

Anyone else live in NYC? This happens to be a particularly good week to be a watch fan.

This weekend WatchBuys will be in the city showing many German Brands. Friday through Sunday is Pop Up Flea. Both Crown&Buckle and Analog/Shift will be there.

There is also a Porsche Design event Thursday night and an A. Lange & Sohne event Friday night. Is anyone going to any of these events?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TAG Heuer Monaco, Mido Multifort, Chr. Ward C5 Malvern MkII

Blog Entries
    OTGabe just caught that show last weekend here in NC. He said there were some great watches, but lighting was bad for pictures.

Jeannie

Blog Entries
    I'm in the area. I'd be interested in some more information on the events you posted it you feel like sharing. Not sure what I'd be able to make, though.

For Watch Buys (http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/Ne...d-Show-d47.htm) It's usually at a hotel in the city, this year it will be in lower Manhattan I believe. Not sure of the venue yet, they email out right before. It's basically a hands on experience for an hour or so for some great German brands. No pressure to buy, actually I don't think you even can buy at the event. I went last year and it was awesome.

Pop Up Flea is a flea market for quality leather goods, household items, clothing, and jewlery. I went two years ago when Hodinkee was there. I think they have graduated beyond PUF but it's still a cool experience. Here is the link (http://thepopupflea.com/)

The Porche Design event is at their boutique. They emailed me a while ago (I think I signed up for the mailing list during Madison Ave Watch Week). I'll be there Thursday night.

I don't know the details on the ALS event other than a friend of mine was invited by Hodinkee. I wasn't invited by Hodinkee and would never dream of crashing (although it's tempting.) Curious if anyone knows more about it.

5. Likes Hayseed Brown liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    The WatchBuys show is great, especially if you are a fan of Sinn or Nomos. A few other brands such as RGM and Max Bill that I found interesting. Nothing but handling the watches and chatting; no hard sell there.

7. Likes WillMK5, Hayseed Brown liked this post
    I went to the last one in NYC. It was a very nice experience and will go to one again

Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    I went to the last one in NYC. It was a very nice experience and will go to one again
    Any chance you are going this weekend?

I was thinking about it but I went in the summer. There haven't been many new releases since my last visit to attend again. I highly recommend it. Friendly informed staff and they are not on your back the entire time. You can spend as much time as you want and not feel as if you are being rushed out. No sales pressure at all. Wife even enjoyed it and was glad she came along.

I'm going to the A. Lange event tomorrow night. Very excited!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
    I'm going to the A. Lange event tomorrow night. Very excited!
    Can you take pics and do a writeup?