Likes Likes:  505
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WRUW - Sunday - 5 June 2016

both sides of the pond

For my pocket: another 1940 Hamilton 992B (with a serial number TWICE as high - and with one more digit - as the previous 1940 992B). This one was (I think) intended for the Canadian market. 24 hour markings on an inner ring. "Sturdy" case in nickel silver (the attentive reader will note the similarity to the case on the Navy Comparison watch I was wearing last week). Note the rather nice "3". I'm afraid it's 95% 992Bs for the foreseeable future. But, it will be a little while before we hit the massive clump of 1968 "4C" 992Bs.

HamiltonC10640_5June2016.jpgHamiltonC10640Movement5June2016.jpg

For my wrist (around the house): a 195? Smiths Empire (made in GB). 35mm, 18mm lugs, yellowed dial with painted gold numbers. Black and yellow hands. No seconds (I'm retired - who needs "seconds"?). 5 jewels. New brown leather strap (with one extra hole punches to accommodate my puny left wrist). My watchmaker was not impressed - but I like it.

SmithsEmpire5June2016.jpg

Next Sunday - a flurry of "birth-year" watches to mark my 69th.
    La lutte elle-mme vers les sommets suffit remplir un cur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Tudor, for the win!

-hayday
    The pessimist says it can't get any worse while the optimist says it can.

3. Likes watchdaddy1, popoki nui liked this post

on my recent Iyonk

I love it Brother
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    on my recent Iyonk

I love it Brother
    So Glad you like it William!
    you make it look awesome..!! i've been conserving that material like gold.. so i'm happy it is on a good home..

no i dont even have my own Rally.. or Speedy..

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    So Glad you like it William!
    you make it look awesome..!! i've been conserving that material like gold.. so i'm happy it is on a good home..

no i dont even have my own Rally.. or Speedy..
    I don't like it.

I it.

You can have both IF you take some of our advice on selling yr products . & you make yr own shoes...... dilemma solved

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapacrap
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

8. Likes Henry Krinkle, iyonk, JAGtime, Strela167 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    on my recent Iyonk

I love it Brother
    A total drool fest on the Iyonk rally William!!!

(Iyonk - I really MUST have you make one of your rally masterpieces for me!!!!...so incredibly well done!!! I notice that your sub-title is "Professional Amateur" here at IWL Iyonk, but I'm thinking that anyone who has experienced one of your bespoke straps might argue for a "Professional Artisan" or "Artisan Extraordinaire"...I'm just sayin'...
    )
    Cheers,

Chris

10. Likes iyonk, JAGtime, watchdaddy1, meijlinder liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post

(Iyonk - I really MUST have you make one of your rally masterpieces for me!!!!...so incredibly well done!!! I notice that your sub-title is "Professional Amateur" here at IWL Iyonk, but I'm thinking that anyone who has experienced one of your bespoke straps might argue for a "Professional Artisan" or "Artisan Extraordinaire"...I'm just sayin'...
    )
    LOL!

i put the 'professional amateur' tag when IWL was still new and at that time i have no idea about the strap making future..

yes as long as it is not curved lug, i'll do a custom Rally for you Chris..

12. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    LOL!

i put the 'professional amateur' tag when IWL was still new and at that time i have no idea about the strap making future..

yes as long as it is not curved lug, i'll do a custom Rally for you Chris..
    ...ok, ok Iyonk...but you know what watch I'm talking about when I talk Rally my dear friend!!! (My Pan-Europ does indeed have those weird curved lugs!!!)

Let's think on this one some more...you know, get some good sleep on it, strategize, study our game plan...
    Cheers,

Chris

14. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post

)
    Thanks Chris, yes u must

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapacrap
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

16. Likes iyonk liked this post