Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAG Heuer's position at LVMH

TAG Heuer's position at LVMH

I've brought this up in threads at WUS and was hoping to get some more feedback over here. I read an article from Monochrome Watches about LVMH shifting TAG into a clear price bracket within LVMH. The article is here: http://monochrome-watches.com/happen...repositioning/

I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on this. It seems that this one of the reasons why the CH80 movement was killed off. I'm curious what people opinions are in the following:
    1. Your thoughts on TAG Heuer as a brand.
    2. Will this hurt their reputation?
    3. Was it the right decision?
    4. What will happen to the CH80 movement.
    TAG Heuer Monaco, Mido Multifort, Chr. Ward C5 Malvern MkII

Savagely Average
    Sounds to me like Tag will be kept in the position that it has realistically been for years now.....the low end of the luxury watch spectrum, kept quite affordable, sold primarily based on their name and marketing, and producing significant profit.

3. Likes Nokie liked this post
    This is actually a very interesting area to discuss. It unfortunately covers a lot of ground as there are so many different things that all relate to this and a simple single post won't cover it all.

I'm posting this as a marker and I'll come back to this once I have started to compile my observations and gossip/news as well as my comments about that article in the first place.

I agree with Mediocre.

They will continue to swim in the lower end of the luxury market, but they are much more pro active in their promotional opportunities than others around them, so do benefit with the niche they have created in an already very cluttered brand segment, IMHO.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

6. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    I'm curious what will happen to their Haute Horology pieces. I'm afraid they might end, wouldn't you think?

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by WillMK5 View Post
    I'm curious what will happen to their Haute Horology pieces. I'm afraid they might end, wouldn't you think?
    I would not be surprised to see them go the way of the dinosaurs......likely to be covered in a more high-end brand of the LVMH portfolio

Do LVMH have shops where they sell all of their brands and try to upsell? If not then I can't imagine that many people know that TAG belongs to any group at all, let alone compare them within it, so I wonder why this is an issue for anyone other than LVMH.

I don't think it's about comparing them as much as it's LVMH enduring they don't compete against each other in the same price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the Chevy, Buick, Cadillac marketing model . Hubolt will be in the haute horology business.
    Last edited by oak1971; Dec 10, 2014 at 12:38 PM.

12. Likes WillMK5, Mediocre liked this post

TAG Heuer's position at LVMH

Exactly. Typically I can't stand car anologies but I think it's very fitting. It's similar to what Swatch does with their price hierarchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk