Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TAG Heuer's position at LVMH

I think its a bit of a shame, really. I was looking forward to the CH80

I've seen the V4, Mikropendulum & mikrograph and they are fabulous movements in interesting watches

We'll see what happens, I guess.
    Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Quote Originally Posted by RegF View Post
    I think its a bit of a shame, really. I was looking forward to the CH80

I've seen the V4, Mikropendulum & mikrograph and they are fabulous movements in interesting watches

We'll see what happens, I guess.
    I agree. The press from Basel this past year was very positive about the CH80 and the direction of the brand. I thought after the Seiko 1887 mishap (which I'm not upset with), this was a way to get TAG Heuer back on the right track in the eyes of the WIS community. It's a shame they killed the innovation. I have nothing wrong with the 1887 movement, I hope they find ways to come up with new dial layouts. But if they want to stay on the lower end of the luxury market, they will have to use Sellita movements which seems like a step in the wrong direction to me.

I'm also curious what will come of the CH80 movement. I would imagine if you go through the process of designing and building such an impressive movement, you have to use it eventually. I'm going to be very bitter if that movement ends up going exclusively to Hublot.
    TAG Heuer Monaco, Mido Multifort, Chr. Ward C5 Malvern MkII

Don't know if this is useful information about LVMH habits or not: they hold both Moet and Veuve Champagne, and have done little to reposition the two brands: Veuve is fractionally above Moet, and Moet Luxury label, Dom P is fractionally above Veuve's La Grande Dame. They both have strong identities and seem to have been left in peace, despite the overlap. As far as I'm aware they haven't attempted to move Veuve up a notch to threaten Bolly, but Moet is a lot better quality than 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Don't know if this is useful information about LVMH habits or not: they hold both Moet and Veuve Champagne, and have done little to reposition the two brands: Veuve is fractionally above Moet, and Moet Luxury label, Dom P is fractionally above Veuve's La Grande Dame. They both have strong identities and seem to have been left in peace, despite the overlap. As far as I'm aware they haven't attempted to move Veuve up a notch to threaten Bolly, but Moet is a lot better quality than 15 years ago.
    I wonder if this is a LVMH decision or just their Wines and Spirits subsidiaries decision. I'm curious if Jean-Claude Biver is the reason why both the CH80 was delayed and if Zenith was going to start using Sellita movements. Since Zenith has killed that decision, I'm hoping there is a chance TAG can restart production of the CH80. Who knows? I'm not very optimistic.
    TAG Heuer Monaco, Mido Multifort, Chr. Ward C5 Malvern MkII

Wow!

This just dropped in to my In tray!

http://www.watch-insider.com/news/br...comment-357510

I guess he doesn't agree with the decision to limit TAG's high end future and cancel CH80!
    Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

I guess he doesn't agree with the decision to limit TAG's high end future and cancel CH80!
    Seems to be a sore spot in his opinion.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx