Likes Likes:  204
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you other hobbies/interests?

Savagely Average

What are you other hobbies/interests?

Ok, so you are here; we know you like watches.

What else claims a portion of your interest/time?

For me it Photography, cricket and bike riding. Photography is very rewarding, I love doing post processing in Lightroom and photoshop and contribute to photography forums.I have loved the game of cricket my whole life and spend a lot these days of time giving back to the game that gave me so much.I do love getting out on my road bike but its not happening enough at the moment-on holidays after next week so will get more of a chance then.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

3. Likes Mediocre, gnuyork, Ryan liked this post
    Books, books and more books. And surprisingly, I do read them

5. Likes Mediocre, Teeritz, Ryan, TokyoLunch liked this post
    Reading, motorcycles, archery, firearms, vintage fedoras and wherever my ADD takes me next.

Blog Entries
    All of my books are currently stored away in 26 fifty-litre plastic tubs at the moment, dammit. Aside from watches, let's see...a dozen fountain pens, seventeen typewriters, ranging from the late 1920s to the early 1980s, five 35mm SLR cameras. I have a couple of others, but they're going on eBay soon. Along with a few of the typewriters. Aside from the space that this stuff can take up, I've decided to keep a few typers because they write nicely and a few of the others are beautifully designed.

Here's what a 1928 Royal Portable looks like. Types like an old farm tractor, but its looks are through the roof.

And a 1936 Smith-Corona Standard. Looks like Capone's coffin

Things got out of hand pretty quick after these two, which is why I'm scaling the collection down a little.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

8. Likes CamB, Hayseed Brown, Jazzmaster, Ryan, Moroz, Clarky liked this post
    Mainly photography but also music. Used to do a lot of road cycling but not so much anymore. I was getting out on the mountain bike once a week, but that's on hold temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    All of my books are currently stored away in 26 fifty-litre plastic tubs at the moment, dammit. Aside from watches, let's see...a dozen fountain pens, seventeen typewriters, ranging from the late 1920s to the early 1980s, five 35mm SLR cameras. I have a couple of others, but they're going on eBay soon. Along with a few of the typewriters. Aside from the space that this stuff can take up, I've decided to keep a few typers because they write nicely and a few of the others are beautifully designed.

Here's what a 1928 Royal Portable looks like. Types like an old farm tractor, but its looks are through the roof.

And a 1936 Smith-Corona Standard. Looks like Capone's coffin

Things got out of hand pretty quick after these two, which is why I'm scaling the collection down a little.
    Teeritz, I can't remember if I already told you...my grandfather used to work for Smith Corona.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I remember you telling me. That was the 20th Century equivalent to working at Apple, except without the tattoo-sleeved hipsters.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

12. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    bighead
    I like to shoot these.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  74.5 KB

And these.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  44.9 KB

Haven't gone yes this year as the weather has been too warm. But it's about time.
    (So, pics borrowed from web)

14. Likes CamB, boatme99, Mediocre liked this post
    Photography is a big one. Specifically outdoor scenics and wildlife - combing it with hiking and camping is ideal. Scuba diving too - though I haven't been in a while. Cycling is becoming a bigger passion for me, as is running, and my wife and I are training for a triathlon next year.

I enjoy cars, but I'm not sure I'd call them a hobby, really.