Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Best Sports Music

Best Sports Music

What do you think is the best sports song? (or song about a sport, or song to sing while watching/getting riled up, etc.) For example, I think of John Fogerty's 'Centerfield'. You get the idea. I'll nominate this one. Canadians (or anyone who played hockey as a kid) will appreciate the lyrics of this one. Really evokes not only the purity of children playing a sport, but evokes for me an important notion of what it is to be Canadian (knowing not all of us played hockey. Still...)

(note: Jean Béliveau, mentioned in the song with one of the greatest lyrics for a sports song (or ever? 2:00-2:15 mark), died recently)

Jane Siberry, 'Hockey'
    Last edited by Statius; Dec 9, 2014 at 05:03 AM.
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Well you've already mentioned it. It's Centerfield, for me.

3. Likes gnuyork liked this post