Likes Likes:  4,836

Thread: Lots of dive watch fans out there for sure! WRUW?

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    First post in this section, seems like a What R U Wearing thread waiting to happen! Lots of pics of dive watches would be a great addition to the Forum, so I'll start off. Today I happen to be wearing my CWC Royal Navy Diver, though it's currently on a coyote tan Zulu band.

So what dive watch are you wearing today?
    I used to own this exact watch. I can't remember why I sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    I used to own this exact watch. I can't remember why I sold it.
    I do remember why another former "big name" Forum dive watch Moderator said he sold his. The "T" on the dial denotes tritium. Should glow on it's own. It doesn't. But charge it with a light, and it glows as brightly as any Super Luminova coated watch I have. Asked him if he'd tried that, he never did. Didn't even occur to him. I've contacted CWC in the past to inquire of the tritium content. Always given vague but positive responses for the most part. I don't believe it for a minute. The glow is all SL, no tritium. The "T" is there for historical, not factual accuracy. I'm fine with that. Really like the watch -I think the only one I have with fixed bars! (But not the only one with a "T" sans tritium).
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

3. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    I do remember why another former "big name" Forum dive watch Moderator said he sold his. The "T" on the dial denotes tritium. Should glow on it's own. It doesn't. But charge it with a light, and it glows as brightly as any Super Luminova coated watch I have. Asked him if he'd tried that, he never did. Didn't even occur to him. I've contacted CWC in the past to inquire of the tritium content. Always given vague but positive responses for the most part. I don't believe it for a minute. The glow is all SL, no tritium. The "T" is there for historical, not factual accuracy. I'm fine with that. Really like the watch -I think the only one I have with fixed bars! (But not the only one with a "T" sans tritium).
    Tritium is still heavily regulated if I remember right. And nobody is putting them in watches that aren't vials.