Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rado Original for the 6th time

Rado Original for the 6th time

I've bought and sold 5 Rado Originals before this one, and I keep coming back thanks to Ashford and their cheap prices when on sale. Color isn't quite right here, but this is the brown/gold dial version. I like these watches but I don't care for Rado bracelets that much, so I ordered a Staib mesh for it.

I love those ones with the Diastar 14 style markers. Did you get that for a good deal? Is it one of the ones that they show as having a brownish dial?

Ok, I only looked at the photo. I see you answered my questions already.

So my next question- Which bracelet did you get, the heavy modern one or the three row with the expansion clasp?

I think so at $365.00

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I love those ones with the Diastar 14 style markers. Did you get that for a good deal? Is it one of the ones that they show as having a brownish dial?

Ok, I only looked at the photo. I see you answered my questions already.

5. Likes iyonk, rfortson liked this post
    three row with the expansion clasp which I don't like. I was trying to size it and the pins are so stubborn that I managed to bend 2 links. Decided to buy a Staib mesh instead of totally destroying the bracelet. I have it on a leather strap for the time being, and it just doesn't look good with leather.
    '
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    So my next question- Which bracelet did you get, the heavy modern one or the three row with the expansion clasp?

Those markers are really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I think so at $365.00
    That is a really good deal. Even at full price I think the Diastar is a lot of watch for the money.

9. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    three row with the expansion clasp which I don't like. I was trying to size it and the pins are so stubborn that I managed to bend 2 links. Decided to buy a Staib mesh instead of totally destroying the bracelet. I have it on a leather strap for the time being, and it just doesn't look good with leather.
    '
    Larry

I am used to those from all my vintage Diastars but the modern style bracelet is nicer. The version of that watch with it is considerably more money though,

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Those markers are really cool.
    I don't think I have any better pictures of it but here is an early seventies Diastar 14 with those markers. The dial was in poor shape so I changed it, unfortunately for one without those markers.

Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Jun 11, 2016 at 05:18 PM.

12. Likes iyonk, Larry liked this post
    Here's a better picture that more accurately depicts the dial color.

14. Likes Henry Krinkle, ro63rto liked this post