Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiger-Concept Big Crown Watch Review

Tiger-Concept Big Crown Watch Review

Here is my review for my new Tiger-Concept Big Crown Watch, 7924 Sub Style Version 3 with DG2813 automatic movement.

Ok, well as for the quality it's no Steinhart, I'd say it compares with Parnis for build quality.It has a full stainless steel case and back, the finish is very neat and tidy, no rough corners, highly polished case back and sides. The tops of the lugs are brushed and it has drilled through lugs.
    The bezel lets it down a little and has no clicks and turns either direction and is a little loose The glass looks to be reflective, not sure if there is any AR coatings but has a nice dome which seems to keep the reflections quite small.
    The gold snowflake hands and markers are all lumed and look nice and neat, I'm not sure how long that will last though. And finally the dial, I've just had my eye glass out to have a close look and it's printed well, all the text and minute markers are clear, the lume is quite flat so maybe that is printed too? forgot to mention the case is 38mm across, 42 with the screw in crown, 20mm lugs.
    For £76 it's a nice watch, 38mm is bordering on what I feel comfortable wearing but worth the risk as it looks so nice also comes supplied with 3 zulu 4 ring straps, blue, black and grey!

Last edited by sharkyfisher; Dec 9, 2014 at 03:40 PM.

looks stunning mate great pics too love the lume shot
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes sharkyfisher liked this post
    Thanks for the review, I hope to pick up one of these soon, maybe a snowflake...
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

6. Likes sharkyfisher liked this post
    Really nice! I think I saw them on ebay, not sure where. Could you give a pointer?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Really nice! I think I saw them on ebay, not sure where. Could you give a pointer?
    I've not seen any on ebay, I got this direct from www.tiger-concept.com

Quote Originally Posted by sharkyfisher View Post
    I've not seen any on ebay, I got this direct from www.tiger-concept.com
    Thanks, bookmarked! I really love the bigcrowns, and the chance for me owning an orignal is slim to none....
    I think I did see them on ebay a few years ago, but cannot find a trace.

Have told the wife just one more
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

11. Likes sharkyfisher liked this post
    Nice review and nice pictures.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Thanks for the review, it's a neat little package, any comments on the movement? Accuracy, rotor noise, etc. TIA