Likes Likes:  7

Thread: 1965 Navitimer..

1965 Navitimer..

Hi all

I was given this oldie as a gift, It had been dropped which had resulted in the stopwatch hands coming off their shafts and the crystal was cracked from top to bottom!

I was given it along with a bag full of cheapo Qtz watches, I'd left my specs in the car and couldn't make out what the watch was, Only that it was a chrono! I was quite shocked when I eventually found my glasses and realised it was a Breitling! He had pulled the watch from the bag saying that it was a high quality watch but I had no idea!!

I sent the watch off to a chap in Leicester and for £28+ return P&P, All the hands were refitted and zero'd and a new crystal fitted!! I was happy as Larry!!

The watch has collected plenty of Wabi sabi in it's fifty one years but is still presentable and keeps time superbly, The stopwatch functions as it should, All in all and a very nice pressie!!

Cheers, John

2. Likes meijlinder, shameless, geoffbot liked this post
    that is indeed quite an incredible gift John - 806 model Venus 178 i guess- a transitional year from 64/65 when they changed from the beaded bezel - these can go for several thousand £££'s easily - lovely chrono that seems to have aged beautifully- big watch too for then - you lucky bugger -and btw this chap in Leicester must be a diamond at £28 !!!!! very envious -a classic timeless watch that is still increasing in value to my knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    that is indeed quite an incredible gift John - 806 model Venus 178 i guess- a transitional year from 64/65 when they changed from the beaded bezel - these can go for several thousand £££'s easily - lovely chrono that seems to have aged beautifully- big watch too for then - you lucky bugger -and btw this chap in Leicester must be a diamond at £28 !!!!! very envious -a classic timeless watch that is still increasing in value to my knowledge
    Hi Shameless

The chap is Chris Burrage at Ryte Time watch repairs, He's brilliant with watches!!

Cheers, John

yeah had a few pieces that he's repaired too he's good with russians too and simple and easy just send the watch to him he checks it out gives you a price then job done he sorted out the extcima chrono of mine and has done work with the russian 3133 / 3017 as well

but he's been closed for a while now

http://www.rytetimewatchrepairs.co.uk/
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

6. Likes shameless liked this post
    i have bookmarked him should he re appear -always good to have a recommendation !thankyou both

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    I know a few of the guys on the other forum swore by him too ... hoping things are alright as a good watch repair guy is hard to find and one that charges a fair price even harder
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    I know a few of the guys on the other forum swore by him too ... hoping things are alright as a good watch repair guy is hard to find and one that charges a fair price even harder

Oh dear!

I didn't know that he'd stopped working on watches

I was going to send some for servicing too

John..

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Oh dear!

I didn't know that he'd stopped working on watches

I was going to send some for servicing too

John..
    yeah had pick up a seawatch that I wanted him to do a make over on so check the site and it was down / well not down just not taking any orders at the time
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes johnbaz liked this post
    Blog Entries
    The Navitimer is what got me into watches. It's my favorite watch of all time. A close 2nd place is the Omega Ploprof. But the Navitimer has held the top spot in my heart for 20 years. Especially the old vintage models. I love them.

14. Likes johnbaz liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Gorgeous! There are two kinds of Breitlings that really do it for me. Their anadigis and the Navitimer variants. What a great gift.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking