Likes Likes:  74
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: **** The hunt for the perfect white dial watch ****

Got a new Pobeda in st.st. tat's pretty cool.... Let's Go

Name:  BILD2577.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  65.7 KB

well how about a 1940's vertex trench watch am working on a Vintage Solid .925 Silver 15J Vertex Square Swiss Made Trench Watch got it working only when it's lying on it's face so think needs a good clean
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

My current aim is to save enough money to buy a small house to get one of these...

Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

MWC vet, still collecting Churchy's Avatar
    London, I am NOT a cockney, though I live nearer to Bow Bells than most "cockneys" do.
    Blog Entries

**** The hunt for the perfect white dial watch ****

This is mine, very similar to the IWC

Quote Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
    This is mine, very similar to the IWC
    Ace mate !!
    Dial layout, logo,numbers, numbers not eaten away, lovely clean design. Many congrats. mate, cheers

Excellent idea for a thread, Is, and the Zarya and 2209 you show were a couple of my steps along the path too..

As Dave says, one of the annoyances is how many apparently white dialled watches turn out to be either shiny or silver

Other attempts:
    Name:  IMG_1711.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  60.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_1348.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  61.5 KB
    but now as I return after a bit of a break, I think the right answer for me was my first attempt all along, the HMT Janata
    Name:  IMG_1352.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  55.6 KB
    Perfect things: the size, the simplicity, the retro domed face, and to hold the interest during dull meetings and train journeys, those hands
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

think mine was the one I built from a 3602 pw but does not get worn much seems I wear a cwc the most or at the minute the casio dw cut back a lot on my collection sold over two hundred so far...
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I guess one of the snags of the pocketwatch conversion is the size - would love to see it!
    And you've sold 200 !? Down to your last thousand watches, eh?
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    I guess one of the snags of the pocketwatch conversion is the size - would love to see it!
    And you've sold 200 !? Down to your last thousand watches, eh?
    it's not that big really a bout a 42mm I suppose as used the same sort of case I did for the other self builds I did so the dial is like 38 mm I think wears ok really

yeah had a few things where needed money so had to sell some of my watches and it was not as much of a heart breaker as I thought so when I got my cwc and wore it full on for over three months straight .. it made me realize that a lot more of them could go bit disappoint on some of the prices they made but thats life... and only way at the minute to buy a watch is to sell some of the ones I got to fund it.

so yeah would like to get to a core collection now as got a better understanding of what I don't want ...still really don't know what I want in the ideal watch... but least I know what I don't want in one
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

More I than S underwatermechanic's Avatar
    This is white ish but you have to put up with the power reserve

Orient Curator