Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **** what to do at half three in the morning and you're jonesing for a donut.... ***

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I'll have to weigh in on the negative effects of chocolate and sleep. As much as I adore the stuff, any chocolate after 6pm for me and I'm up all night.
    When I use to do a lot of travel for work my first day in the town hot chocolate before bed always helped me sleep. Still does, so I guess I'm wired backwards.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Never happens to me - I sleep very well. However, I'd probably make pancakes, as I've never made donuts.

I've been eating these http://www.flapjacked.com/ Friend is their social media person, she gave me a bunch of samples. It works out to 200 cal and 20g protein per pancake when I make them. I eat two as part of my pre gym meal.

3. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    My sleep is crap. Crazy schedule, among other things, so I'm frequently up in the wee hours. Sometimes I'll tinker with watches, but rarely will I tackle anything tricky. Lots of websurfing for watches, but I haven't made any wee-hour purchases yet. After a number of beers one evening, I did purchase a Mondaine, though.
    I also sleep like utter shit. Haven't had a good night's sleep in 16 years, it feels like. Some are better than others, but for the most part, they're at best below average.

I've never made a late night purchase--not sober, anyway. Oh wait, that's not true. I bought my Alpha after my brother kept me up until 6AM after he came back from drinking with a bunch of his coworkers--and they came back with him. You have no idea how upset I was at him the next day, as weekends are 8-10 hour work days for me since coming back to school, and it's difficult to do that on an hour and a half of sleep (the sun came up in the 7 o'clock hour, and I wasn't in a deep enough sleep to sleep through it). That was a 5 Red Bull day.

For the most part, I just play with the backlight of my Suunto, which I keep on my bedside table.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking