Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How might the Moser range expand?

How might the Moser range expand?

The current range that Moser has is quite compact in the sense of there being a unity to the designs, a strong sense of a house style.

Their youngish CEO seems to be a very clear minded guy. On YouTube you can see TV appearances of him, he makes an excellent ambassador for their watches.

In one interview he talked about expanding the range, for example using steel cases as well as gold.

How do you see (or how would you like to see) the range develop? I think some of their complications would be suitable on less dressy styles, for example.

I feel like a brand needs to establish a signature model(s) to gain a little recognition from the WIS. They can brand out from there. I don't know much about Moser and if they have a signature model I wouldn't know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
    I feel like a brand needs to establish a signature model(s) to gain a little recognition from the WIS. They can brand out from there. I don't know much about Moser and if they have a signature model I wouldn't know what it is.
    I think the thing to get WISes most excited would be the way their perpetual calendar works see how it flips instantly from 28 Feb to 1 Mar, and that you can go happily back and forth between them without doing any damage to the watch. The whole clip is worth watching, but from 1'35" for the demo of this function

I think that ingenious complication in particular would be enthusiastically greeted in a more robust, sportier watch.
    Last edited by Der Amf; Dec 11, 2014 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
    I feel like a brand needs to establish a signature model(s) to gain a little recognition from the WIS.
    Or a signature look - and Moser certainly has that. Their cases are some of the most delectable I've seen. Love 'em - and won't ever have one...

6. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Or a signature look - and Moser certainly has that.
    They recently renamed their models. Here are the eight: one consistent design template.

Lots of colour variants for each model. Their recent stock photos are more realistic than previously

http://www.h-moser.com/en

One of the four colour variants of the Venturer small seconds

Lots more pictures and a review of this model here: H Moser Venturer Small Seconds
    Last edited by Der Amf; Dec 12, 2014 at 09:48 AM.

They have developed such a cohesive design language that it may be difficult to accept more than subtle variations for a while.

Steel cases would be an excellent transition. I'd love to see some steel versions of their models with that lovely blue or gray dial. Once steel is introduced, a variation on the case design to a more casual design may be possible, adding a little meat to the curves on the side of the case. A matte, white or silver dial with choice of gold or blued steel hands would give it a more casual feel.

A parallel path could be to vary the case shape. I'd love to see with they would do with a tank style case or a slightly rounded tonneau case.

For complications, Moser already makes the best looking, imo, perpetual calendar design so I would love to see what they would do with a chronograph.

10. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Looking at online adverts I noticed that they used to do a rectangular watch, must have only recently been discontinued.

I think the moonphase could be given a casual feel quite easily, as the moon window looks austere and modern. Eg Steel case perhaps with less curves, straight hands, minute markers plus that window as already is.

Interesting thread, I didn't know much about them at all. Beautiful pictures.

Looks like they price higher than ALS, PP, VC, FPJ et al for a basic three hander - that is probably a hard sell. They could be completely worth that, but they'll have to make sure they get out there and show off their pieces in the flesh if they want to command a premium.