Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch plus wristbands /bracelets-no thanks

Watch plus wristbands /bracelets-no thanks

I was just reading some stuff on Hodinkee and I saw this.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 8.49.58 PM.png
Views: 203
Size:  459.7 KB

Its not a look that I aspire to thats for sure. Does anyone like this or do this?
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

No, it seems a silly idea (to me) , but each to their own

For a start it would do my head in with them creeping under the watch from time to time

More than one way to skin a cat. Maybe for some people it takes the edge off a watch's dressiness?

I don't, and wouldn't; but how others choose to adorn their bodies is their business.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Not for me...don't really like the look. But, to each his own.

Hmm don't really know what to say. I guess it's just another fashion accessory that will come and go as time goes by.

Love that Portofino though!

I do not wear bracelets of any kind, but I don't mind the look. I think it looks right on some people.
    ~Daniel~

I agree with DM71, some people can pull it off. I tried for a very short while and realized it's not for me.
    I do tend to like leather bracelets with watches much better than beads, though. And I like those twisted leather bracelets enough to consider wearing one on the other wrist, but haven't felt much like spending money on one and they can be had for less than $20.

I also agree that there are other people who can pull it off (I can totally see Jack Sparrow doing this if he actually wears a watch I just don't look right with any jewelries other than a watch and a ring on my body. I guess I just don't have that look.

I don't like that particular combo, but I have seen bracelets (even multiples) worn with a watch that I thought looked good. Just depends on the make up of each (never done it myself, though sometimes a bracelet on the opposite wrist, either leather surfer style or paracord usually).
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!