Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loose movement help

Hybrid View

Loose movement help

(Talking about watch movement here, not the brown kind)

I mentioned before that my Prancer keeps stopping when I wear it, and that I thought it's because I keep catching the crown and pulling it out. It turns out I was wrong, it is more interesting than that.

Sometimes the "crown pull" event is triggered when the pushers are operated.

This is a repeatable and demonstrable sequence, so had no choice but to investigate further - so I opened the back

See that black circle around the movement? I don't know it's proper name so I will call it the "spacer ring". Anyway, that spacer is lying on top and can just pop out, like so:

It has been a while, but when I don't remember that happening when I opened my EcoDrive. Could it be that someone replaced the crystal (or serviced the movement) and didn't reassemble in the correct order?

Pictures of the spacer ring for completeness

well on vostock the o-ring is there to protect the movement when you are screwing the back back on and for a sealed layer so possible that is the case here ? but the stopping could be a sign that the battery may need changing as that is a common occurrence with certain models before the battery goes completely ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

sorry my bad it look like the o-ring on the first pic.
    if it's the spacer then it is possible that it is catching on the stem/winder when inserted it should line up with the stem and the pusher so there are a small space on both sides on the pushed and stem if it catches the stem it can cause it to stop you may need to re-insert the stem but if you can line the spacer up then you might not need to if it's work but stops when the spacer is inserted
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by T1ck View Post
    (Talking about watch movement here, not the brown kind)

I mentioned before that my Prancer keeps stopping when I wear it, and that I thought it's because I keep catching the crown and pulling it out. It turns out I was wrong, it is more interesting than that.

Sometimes the "crown pull" event is triggered when the pushers are operated.

This is a repeatable and demonstrable sequence, so had no choice but to investigate further - so I opened the back

See that black circle around the movement? I don't know it's proper name so I will call it the "spacer ring". Anyway, that spacer is lying on top and can just pop out, like so:

It has been a while, but when I don't remember that happening when I opened my EcoDrive. Could it be that someone replaced the crystal (or serviced the movement) and didn't reassemble in the correct order?

Pictures of the spacer ring for completeness

I would say in the pic the two at the back are the pusher slots and the on at the front is the stem slot then it should work if it is the right spacer for the movement
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

See that black circle around the movement? I don't know it's proper name so I will call it the "spacer ring"
    That's what it's called

Thanks guys... The watch normally works and keeps good time on the beside table. It's not the battery, definitely.

When the crown is pulled, the second hand winds up to 12 o'Clock and stays there until the crown is pushed back in - it is really obvious when that happens.

As I press a pusher a bit more firmly, I see the crown move out a minuscule amount, the second hand spins to 12 and then, when I push on the crown, I feel it click back in. The move is hardly perceptible, not even sure I can even capture it on camera, but u can feel it.

I would like to take out the stem, put the ring in, then the movement, to see if it makes a difference, but how on earth do I get the s stem out? I really don't want to fubar this watch.

What's the movement number ?

It should be on there somewhere, then it's an easy task to go and find the datasheet on it and discover the stem removal procedure

6m26-8030

Does it say push in the (upper) ellipse marked ?

Name:  6m26movement.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  28.2 KB

If so, press the area marked in the (lower) circle whilst pulling gently on the stem

Should it simply go back in, or do I need to do anything special for re-insertion?

I intend to do this today.