Likes Likes:  17

Thread: Cheap Digital with HUGE numerals for old eyes

Cheap Digital with HUGE numerals for old eyes

Found this at Walmart for $11.00 USD. Nothing special, but it does basic digital functions and is the most legible digital I've seen at an affordable price point. I think part of what makes it work is that the numbers are not only tall, but also the dial is relatively clean and clear.

some specs:

-- case diameter: 52mm
    -- main digits height: 10mm
    -- strap: integrated soft plastic (feels rubbery but i doubt it's real), tapers down to 20mm wide
    -- WR: 30M
    -- case back: stainless steel, 4 tiny phillips X style screws (not slot | style)
    -- battery: CR2025

functions:

-- 12/24 hour modes
    -- day/date
    -- stopwatch with split count
    -- alarm and chime
    -- back light: blue, stays on for about 2 seconds (see photo)

This watch is so cheap there's no brand name on it at all, but the instruction sheet warranty section refers to Golden State International (GSI). The model number appears to be 91-753.

All in all, something worth considering if you are looking for very legible, very affordable, very basic digital watch.

Cheers!

2. Likes iyonk, I-B, crownpuller, CFR, popoki nui, Greg liked this post
    I have some Armitron that also have HUGE digits and have the same features as your watch.. beside the Armitron, my Timex also got tall digits, but pretty skinny though..
    i'm not old but have problematic eye sight, so i can understand your appreciation for legible digits..

hot these large digits as gifts from a family members: (the Casio SGW-100 got BIG digits and superb features from compas, worldtimer, stopwatch/countdown timer, alarms, 200M WR and mineral crytal for $40)
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

4. Likes CFR, popoki nui, shemp, Greg liked this post
    That would make a good cycling watch for me - I could even mount it on the handlebars
    Don't know if they're available over here, but going to check out the local ASDA.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

6. Likes shemp liked this post
    Big digits for my 53 year old eyes are a big reason I like the Suunto Core. That and the barometer/storm warning.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

8. Likes happyscrappyheropup, shemp liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    I have some Armitron that also have HUGE digits and have the same features as your watch.. beside the Armitron, my Timex also got tall digits, but pretty skinny though..
    i'm not old but have problematic eye sight, so i can understand your appreciation for legible digits..

hot these large digits as gifts from a family members: (the Casio SGW-100 got BIG digits and superb features from compas, worldtimer, stopwatch/countdown timer, alarms, 200M WR and mineral crytal for $40)
    Impressive collection!

10. Likes iyonk, Greg liked this post
    I use a Garmin Fenix 2 for training. It has a vibrating alarm so it's nice for getting up without waking up the Mrs.

Name:  GARMIN_FENIX_2_002.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  34.7 KB

12. Likes iyonk, shemp liked this post