Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finish the Year off with a BANG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by londonflash View Post
    An absolute beauty!
    In the running for my next- picture was given to me by Chris (Muddy250) as a teaser
    Dave
    Ω Seamaster2

Omega Seamaster PO 45.5mm 2200.50-Cal 2500D
    Omega Seamaster SMP 2220.80-Cal 2500D

Well I've had these two Zenith Ultra Thins:

Index Only

or the Roman Numeral Version

And this AT:

The other two Zenith never were considered so read into that what you want?

If you are looking for a dress watch then the index only Zenith Ultra Thin would be my suggestion. If Dual use (Dress/casual), then the AT is the better choice IMO.
    Last edited by Samanator; Dec 11, 2014 at 10:07 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

3. Likes picklepossy liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Zenith Central Second would be my pick out of the ones listed. Although, I would also look at the Espada model, which looks a little more like an AT. Although, I think it has been discontinued, but you may still find one on chrono24, for example.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Well I've had these two Zenith Ultra Thins:

Index Only

or the Roman Numeral Version

And this AT:

The other two Zenith never were considered so read into that what you want?

If you are looking for a dress watch then the index only Zenith Ultra Thin would be my suggestion. If Dual use (Dress/casual), then the AT is the better choice IMO.
    I agree with this, the Zenith UT is far dressier than the Aquaterra. The AT is a nice Sporty dress, but certainly not dressy. The Teak dial makes the issue even more complex, it definitely is Sporty then.

I own 2 AT's, and enjoy them a lot...but they aren't dressy, especially with the bracelet option. The Skyfall on leather could work, but there are many great thinner pieces that would work better. The thickness becomes an issue with the 8500 movement, especially with long sleeves/jacket-suit. JMHO

6. Likes picklepossy liked this post
    The other option I was going to suggest would be a Nomos Zurich or Orion.

Zurich

Orion
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Finish the Year off with a BANG!!!

I have been looking at the Nomos Orion for a longtime as well. Orion with the blue hands is very nice. I don't think not having a date would really bother me since it would only be worn occasionally. Now the Zurich? Well that's something to also consider. Will still keep this option open. Thank you for bringing it up.

This grey dial is stunning.

Last edited by picklepossy; Dec 12, 2014 at 02:53 AM.
    Ω3 "Time is the only true unit of measure, it gives proof to the existence of matter, without time, we don't exist."

The central seconds is the Zentih for me, but I have the AT already eh?
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

Quote Originally Posted by picklepossy View Post
    I have been looking at the Nomos Orion for a longtime as well. Orion with the blue hands is very nice. I don't think not having a date would really bother me since it would only be worn occasionally. Now the Zurich? Well that's something to also consider. Will still keep this option open. Thank you for bringing it up.

This grey dial is stunning.
    The Orion is a great choice also, simple & elegant...the silver can be tad difficult to read in certain lighting situations tho. For your wrist I'd look at the Orion 38, or larger models, they all wear larger based on the thin bezel....they are ALL dial watches.
    Name:  NOMOS O.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  56.2 KB

The AT is the only one that is versatile enough for me to use regularly. The rest are all dressy and I no longer consider watches with leather because of limitations it imposes.

13. Likes picklepossy liked this post