Likes Likes:  84
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: As you get older

As you get older

My eye sight gets progressively worse. Readers have gone from 0.75 to 2.25 in like 3 years.

I kept losing my reading glasses so stopped by the dollar store and picked up a dozen. They're all over my house and at work. Only problem now is, after looking around for a pair and putting it on, I find I had one on top of my head all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Likes Seriously, JAGtime, popoki nui, jsw41, muddy250 liked this post

I'm -0.5 in both eyes so not too bad. I can go sans glasses just fine, but its better with. If they get any worse I'll consider laser. Though...a friend's mother's eye was messed up pretty bad by it. I know the odds are still very low, but still.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

I've been ~2.00 and ~2.25 (I think?) since my teens, it's not changed in any significant way

and I'm now 22

Blog Entries
    I have been myopic since age ten. Those prescriptions are now -6.50 in one eye and -7.50 in the other. I have developed presbyopia in the last three years but can still cope without readers for most things.

There is nothing about getting older that's not absolutely miserable to me. Except maybe having more money.

Jeannie

7. Likes shameless, popoki nui, scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    There is nothing about getting older that's not absolutely miserable to me
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Jeannie) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Not sure if it's age or because I have 4 kids. But I feel like I'm tired most of the time.

10. Likes Col Angus, popoki nui, Chase, MarkO liked this post
    I count my blessings - I had 45 odd years with perfect vision. But, my near field focal point is getting progressively further away.
    Only have 2 children, but boy do they drain me; both mentally & physically.
    Most days when I wake up I feel like my 'get up and go' has got up and gone. It takes longer for me to start firing on all cylinders, these days. I blame my job in the most part - I spend far too much of my day sat staring at screens. I really need to give myself a kick up the @rse, and get some proper exercise.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

12. Likes Col Angus liked this post
    Tiredness is very much a part of my aging.

It's confounded by working in a chemical plant, which is known to tire most with the inevitable exposure to chemicals, despite every measures to avoid it.

I have 3 kids..and my middle daughter, 14, seems hell bent on sending me to an early grave with stressing over her!

Oh and I'm sounding more and more like my father with every passing day

Sent from my GT-I9505

14. Likes Col Angus liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Just got a call from the doctor. He got my blood test results and wants to see me. What now?

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson