Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Menu Thread!

Christmas Menu Thread!

Christmas is in my house ever since our daughter was born, so we have 12 people for dinner on the 24th and lunch in the 25th, and after lunch friends come over around 10-15 people more depending on their own families schedule. They are busy but very fun days, basically my favorite time of the year, friends and family all together.
    But it is busy. We have to cook for all these people and accommodate various tastes and preferences.

So here is our menu- subject to be updated and fit to feed an army:

24th evening the traditional: Cod, potatoes and cale with Olive oil and Octopus with potatoes and vegetables with Olive oil

For dessert the Traditional Leite Creme (similar to Creme brulle), Bolo Rei ( king cake a fruit cake), Rabanadas ( french toast), and egg french puding

We're still working on the menu for the 25th. The 24th is always the Portuguese traditional food, on the 25th we can do anything, and we do try to come up with some good stuff.

What are you having in your menu?

2. Likes jsw41 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    That is a lot of food. I'm full just looking at it.

It's going to be a lot of people!

I don't know actually. My mother (who is cooking), sister and bother are vegetarian (I was too until 15 when I saw the light) but my other sister and I eat meat and would settle for nothing less at Christmas! We had duck last year - it was excellent. They had nut roast, which was nice enough.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Christmas Day for me is the 27th, when I finally reach my parents'. We'll be having Goose and then Christmas Pudding. Champagne before, Burgundy then Port during, Scotch afterwards.

Still not sure, what I'm going to prepare,... but definitely something from the bbq!! The OP also looks promising.

I'm kind of a bbq-addict.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/bidle/...7635320224486/

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Christmas Day for me is the 27th, when I finally reach my parents'. We'll be having Goose and then Christmas Pudding. Champagne before, Burgundy then Port during, Scotch afterwards.
    This is pretty much our festive menu too.
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

9. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidle View Post
    Still not sure, what I'm going to prepare,... but definitely something from the bbq!! The OP also looks promising.

I'm kind of a bbq-addict.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/bidle/...7635320224486/
    Bbq for Christmas is weird!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Bbq for Christmas is weird!
    My bbq dishes are not your typical sausage, hamburger and things.

Blog Entries
    I have no idea. After this semester, I don't even want to see my family on Christmas. I juat want to get some Chinese food or pizza and play video games.

13. Likes bajachild liked this post