Likes Likes:  12,938
Page 822 of 893 FirstFirst ... 322722772812820821822823824832872 ... LastLast
Results 8,211 to 8,220 of 8925

Thread: Food

Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    I have the ooni 3 that I think Geoff has? I believe they’re on sale right now for $199. I paid $299 for mine. It uses wood pellets. Gets to almost 800 degrees
    The manufacturer claims the sear zone on this thing will hit 1000F. I don't know about that but it sears a piece of elk or tuna in seconds flat.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    The manufacturer claims the sear zone on this thing will hit 1000F. I don't know about that but it sears a piece of elk or tuna in seconds flat.
    I used it to finish off the steaks that I sous vide this weekend. Worked fairly well.

3. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    So, sous vide
    I’m intrigued, reading about the technique
    What’s your experience?

My main source of protein is steamed fish, with a very occasional fryup or blue steak
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

I have the ooni 3 that I think Geoff has? I believe they’re on sale right now for $199. I paid $299 for mine. It uses wood pellets. Gets to almost 800 degrees
    That's the one, yeah that's right pellets, not wood... I think they have a model that can be converted to propane as well. Worth trying for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I use this. There is no option for propane but it gets to 700f and always delivers wood fired flavour. Since you are more vegetarian than I it's probably overkill for you though there are significantly smaller versions.

Attachment 95643

Oddly, I don't have any pictures of pizza on LaMar, only from Tex. Here's a loaf of bread baking in LaMar though.

Attachment 95644

Attachment 95645
    Nice grill. One of my clients is Primo Grills out of Atlanta... like a Big Green Egg but better. He has offered me a free grill on several occasions, I just needed to call in and give him address details. I never did and he sold his company this past fall. Missed opportunity!

Name:  ceramic-grill.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  76.1 KB

Name:  Primo.jpeg
Views: 233
Size:  11.9 KB

Food

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    So, sous vide
    I’m intrigued, reading about the technique
    What’s your experience?

My main source of protein is steamed fish, with a very occasional fryup or blue steak
    I use it all the time with Steak and Pork chops. My wife can’t do anything other than med well steak. They stay very juicy even at that temp. I can get it exactly right and a quick sear.
    Last edited by litlmn; Apr 4, 2020 at 12:43 AM.

8. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    That's the one, yeah that's right pellets, not wood... I think they have a model that can be converted to propane as well. Worth trying for the price.
    I really like it, though getting the fire right is tricky. Pellets work well in conjunction with Royal Oak fire starting bunches and a blow torch or lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Nice grill. One of my clients is Primo Grills out of Atlanta... like a Big Green Egg but better. He has offered me a free grill on several occasions, I just needed to call in and give him address details. I never did and he sold his company this past fall. Missed opportunity!

Name:  ceramic-grill.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  76.1 KB

Name:  Primo.jpeg
Views: 233
Size:  11.9 KB

Ouch!

Yessir

Name:  Screenshot_20200404-074151_Photos.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  46.5 KB

Excellent little thing. Cooks a pizza in 60 seconds flat (though the base sometimes needs a blast on a pan to get it crispy).
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

12. Likes litlmn, boatme99, gnuyork, OhDark30 liked this post
    Artichoke and onion flatbread. Again.

Name:  20200404_113411.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  74.7 KB

14. Likes skywatch, OhDark30, geoffbot liked this post