Likes Likes:  12,939
Page 867 of 893 FirstFirst ... 367767817857865866867868869877 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,670 of 8926

Thread: Food

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Mmm... Figs are wonderful in savory dishes. We have a black mission fig tree, which gives us quite a bit of fruit twice a year, late spring and early autumn. One favorite (Moroccan as you mention) is chicken or lamb tagine with figs and salted lemons.

Once again, jealous. Mmm... the tagines sound divine.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Mmm... Figs are wonderful in savory dishes. We have a black mission fig tree, which gives us quite a bit of fruit twice a year, late spring and early autumn. One favorite (Moroccan as you mention) is chicken or lamb tagine with figs and salted lemons.
    We're doing a whole roast duck tonight. Fig and rosemary, same pairing as the bread. Roast the duck/ render the fat. Roast potatoes in the fat while finishing the duck and then roast the figs while the duck rests. Not healthy by any stretch, but should be pretty tasty. We've got some nice pinot noir kicking around too.

3. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I didn't use any grapes, but I am guessing that if you are skeptical of barely sweet figs, you just hate sweet bread? Chelsea buns and all that? If that's correct, I am with you for Chelsea buns, donuts, things like that. This however, especially with the rosemary is barely sweet. Really light and delicious. Both blue cheese and/or serrano ham would be fantastic. In fact I'll finish it toasted that way tomorrow.
    Hot cross buns are good. But I don't think of them as bread, I dunno. Bread for me isn't a desert.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Hot cross buns are good. But I don't think of them as bread, I dunno. Bread for me isn't a desert.
    This is not dessert bread. There is no sugar in the dough, so significantly less sweet than a hot cross bun plus, in my case, the added savoury-ness of rosemary. I think it also has a better crumb/ texture from the lack of sugar and the sourish biga. Quite lovely, really. Much better than I thought.

Good!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Sautéed farm raised trout on garden asparagus and broccoli, with some roasted yams. Very satisfying. I sauté the fish with garlic, olive oil and dry vermouth, letting it brown for a minute then adding the vermouth to steam the top (lid on.) It's our very brief asparagus season. We have had a portion of the garden dedicated to asparagus for ten years, and we only get maybe a dozen spears every spring. It's a fool's errand. But those sprigs... so special. Likewise with broccoli. We don't get much, but it's fresh and sweet.

Name:  SalmonVeggieYam.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  60.8 KB
    Last edited by skywatch; Mar 5, 2021 at 03:27 AM.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

8. Likes gnuyork, Henry Krinkle, Mediocre liked this post
    I like that. I might stop at the trout, asparagus and broccolini, but no complaints about the yams.

10. Likes skywatch liked this post
    We regularly make a pretty standard Filipino chicken adobo, but Mrs. K came across this variant from south of Manila the other day. Pork and pineapple two ways: cooked and pureed and slow cooked with the pork as well as caramelized and served on top. Served on cabbage rice. Really delicious.

Name:  20210318_194524[455] copy.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  87.0 KB

12. Likes skywatch, Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Name:  20210317_083943.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  51.2 KB

14. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Name:  20210319_170820.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  80.6 KB

16. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post