Likes Likes:  12,950
Page 102 of 893 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 8930

Thread: Food

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    Bidle: for your bacon and egg cups, did you separate the eggs so you could mix the whites with your other ingredients, then drop the whole yolks into the cups before cooking?

That's interesting. Normally when I make those I just whisk it all together, essentially filling the bacon cup with omlette. I'm going to try it your way.

Also, if I think far enough ahead, I'll pre-cook the bacon in the muffin tin, then drain them off, clean the tin, and reset the bacon before filling and baking them. Makes for a crispier bacon cup, and the egg filling will keep it from getting too overdone.

Hi, yes that's the reason.

About your idea,... I sometimes do the same but a bit different. Just put the bacon on the other side of the cupcake holder for about 30min indirect on the bbq,.... or of-course oven. Afterwards you'll have a crisp nest. Now you don't need the cupholder anymore and can insert everything in the bacon-nest.
    I do both depending on what I want to be the end-result. Sometimes the crisp nest and the other time just a bit more moist.

Here some photo's of what I mean:

2. Likes CanadianStraps, BlackNomad liked this post
    I won't lie: I originally tried it that way, but didn't set up the bacon properly, and the cups were too leaky. The egg mixture was running out too much, and I started doing it the other way and never looked back. And extra strip of bacon would have made all the difference, but I felt like I would have been judged too harshly for using 3 strips per cup. I'm now older and wiser and understand that I should be using 7 strips per cup.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

4. Likes Bidle, BlackNomad liked this post
    It's leftovers day. The lasagna is still going strong!

MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

6. Likes Bidle, BlackNomad liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    You should make...pork belly.
    Sorry G, wasn't a belly worth buying. I brough home a pork tenderloin instead, and have filled it in with slices of apple and Vidalia. There is an apple/bbq sauce puree I made with the leftover apple on top.

She's cooking now.

Name:  IMG_20150216_192227.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  102.9 KB

8. Likes geoffbot, BlackNomad liked this post
    Made brownies. Martha Stewart recipe. Very delicious.

10. Likes Bidle, geoffbot, BlackNomad liked this post
    Turned out nice. Quite tender. Over garlic mashed redskins with a prosciutto chip and some sautéd kale.

Name:  IMG_20150216_201949.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  92.6 KB

12. Likes Bidle, geoffbot, BlackNomad liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    Turned out nice. Quite tender. Over garlic mashed redskins with a prosciutto chip and some sautéd kale.

Name:  IMG_20150216_201949.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  92.6 KB
    Great work. Pleased if I was of some inspiration. Kale needs a lot of sauteeing, no? Pretty tough stuff.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Great work. Pleased if I was of some inspiration. Kale needs a lot of sauteeing, no? Pretty tough stuff.
    With Kale I rip it and massage it under the tap then put it in a bowl with dressing and give it a good hard work over by hand. By then it should be brighter green and tender. I have quite a few kale salads and they all start this way.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

15. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Noted, ta
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

It's the spines that are the toughest, so I just cut them out, give the greens a wash, and away I go. They take more time in the pan than something like chard or spinach, but I love that kale retains some structure to it once cooked. I eat a lot of kale.