Likes Likes:  12,950
Page 693 of 893 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703743793 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 8930

Thread: Food

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    It bloody was
    How did you make it? Cook the pasta a little under al dente, mix in the cheese and put it on the burner and hit it with the torch? How did you do the mushrooms?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    How did you make it? Cook the pasta a little under al dente, mix in the cheese and put it on the burner and hit it with the torch? How did you do the mushrooms?
    Yep - cheese sauce though - milk, butter flour, garlic and mustard. Also topped with grated cheese before putting it in the oven and burning the top. Mushrooms I cooked in a pan with soy sauce.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes Henry Krinkle, OhDark30 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Yep - cheese sauce though - milk, butter flour, garlic and mustard. Also topped with grated cheese before putting it in the oven and burning the top. Mushrooms I cooked in a pan with soy sauce.
    Hmm. I have pasta, cheese, and mushrooms.

How did you make the cheese sauce?

5. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I'm excited. I'm going to Amada's Pig Out event tonight. Unlimited suckling pig. Last time I went to it, I ate the face and the brain. I plan on doing that again.

7. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Hmm. I have pasta, cheese, and mushrooms.

How did you make the cheese sauce?
    Maybe 4 tablespoons of flour (much more than most recipes recommend - helps the sauce thicken way, way quicker), a knob of butter, mix, cook for a minute, add almost a pint of milk, keep whisking, simmer, add grated cheese, garlic, mustard.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Maybe 4 tablespoons of flour (much more than most recipes recommend - helps the sauce thicken way, way quicker), a knob of butter, mix, cook for a minute, add almost a pint of milk, keep whisking, simmer, add grated cheese, garlic, mustard.
    Thanks. Seems like a lot of work, but worth it.

I'd have to go buy flour.

10. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    They’re often used interchangeably. The event and cooking style are called a barbecue, but regionally, we call the apparatus a grill. I think in other places in the country, they’ll call it a barbecue as well. Furthermore, you don’t need a grill to have a barbecue—you can have a barbecue with only smoked meats as well.

The terminology around barbecuing is very loose. For example, where my friend lives, just on the other side of the state, he calls the event a “cookout” and never a barbecue.
    They are two completely types of cooking.
    Grilling is done over a dry heat source, as charcoal or a gas grill. Burgers, dogs, steaks and the like.
    Barbecue is "low and slow" over indirect heat for hours.
    The two terms are really not interchangeable.

12. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by boatme99 View Post
    Grilling is done over a dry heat source, as charcoal or a gas grill. Burgers, dogs, steaks and the like.
    This.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boatme99 View Post
    Ah, and that’s a distinction that doesn’t much matter up here. Grilling is grilling, but when you served grilled foods, it’s a barbecue. I agree that “barbecue” the food is different from grilled food, though.

Blog Entries
    Warning: This post is not for the sensitive.

Bit of brain, anyone?

I have to say, pig brain was not as good as I remembered. I think I might have been thinking about the tongue.

But I did have the whole head, which was nice. I put my request in for the head as soon as the waiter came to get our drink orders. I didn’t want to miss out. There were also chorizo skewers, which were fantastic, and we had a ton of those—people loved them so much, they got 86’d halfway through the meal. Didn’t get a chance to picture it.

Anyway, here’s what the waiter brought me, after the vultures at the table who said they didn’t want to eat any of it attacked the cheek:

With the plate and head head and neck meat picked clean:

And the dessert, in pure Iron Chef style, was an apple tart with maple bacon and brown sugar ice cream. So good, I couldn’t even wait to take a picture before I took a bite:

16. Likes Henry Krinkle, boatme99 liked this post