Likes Likes:  12,950
Page 793 of 893 FirstFirst ... 293693743783791792793794795803843 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,930 of 8930

Thread: Food

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Rating the finish like on a bordeaux or scotch love it! How's the mouthfeel?!
    This one wins on mouthfeel. It's better than any of the others. The mango pulp gives it a really smooth mouthfeel. The red one has the best finish. It lasts and lasts and just slowly fades from fiery to toasty warm. It's also the most complex, proabaly because of the blend of cayenne, tobasco, fresno and ripe shishitos.
    It's really fascinating to make all these varieties at once. One really gets the chance to discover the flavour profiles as well as the heat levels.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

2. Likes geoffbot, boatme99 liked this post
    I need to learn how to use herbs in food - I have no idea. Other than coriander which you put on everything.
    Chop and cook things like rosemary, oregano thyme and chop and finish with things like parsley, basil, chives.

I don't know if you can make something like sage brown butter with vegan butter, but if you can learn that.

4. Likes geoffbot, boatme99 liked this post
    Picked up this new bit from Lodge. It's a multi purpose thing. 14 wide and about 4 inches deep. It comes with a lid that can be used as a grille or a pizza pan. My pizza stone is only 12" so this might prove very nice. Also I can fit both of them into Lamar at the same time, so that will be really handy. It will be interesting to do a head to head challenge between a pizza stone and a hunk of cast iron.

Anyway, first thing in the pot is a variation of our smoky baked beans. These turned out super delicious. Amongst other things we used Hot Sauce #2 and some deli cured turkey we made in place of the standard ham/bacon. The beans were our home cooked navy beans, black eyed peas and canellinis.

Name:  20190902_141241-1.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  53.2 KB

Name:  20190902_144110-2.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  59.5 KB

6. Likes skywatch, boatme99 liked this post
    Kinda like the lost child of a Dutch oven and a paella pan. That could be really useful.

8. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    I need to learn how to use herbs in food - I have no idea. Other than coriander which you put on everything.
    You'll also need a decent mortar and pestle for fine pulverizing herbs & seeds.

10. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    I splurged on a pound of PLUGRA butter this week, so this morning just a bagel slathered with that wonderful high fat comestable
    Name:  IMG_20190906_033708.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  72.2 KB

"Oodles of butter and somethin sweet
    gallons of coffee to wash it down"

12. Likes Henry Krinkle, Seriously, Raza liked this post
    A little leftover hot smoked beef, sliced super thin, peppers, onions. Sort of a Philly cheesesteak, but the cheese sauce was way too thick.

Name:  P9030025.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  61.0 KB

14. Likes boatme99, Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    A little leftover hot smoked beef, sliced super thin, peppers, onions. Sort of a Philly cheesesteak, but the cheese sauce was way too thick.

Name:  P9030025.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  61.0 KB
    How did you make the cheese sauce?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Vegan enchiladas. Not bad - 70% of the way to being cheesy.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

17. Likes boatme99, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Basic cheese sauce
    Makes 2 cups
    3 Tbs butter
    3 Tbs flour
    1 1/2 cup milk
    1 cup grated or sm. cubed cheese

Melt butter. Stir in flour until well blended.
    Slowly pour in milk, stirring gently.
    When sauce is smooth & hot, stir in cheese.

You can add spices if you like, use very tiny amounts and taste until it's right.
    Paprika, cayenne, white pepper, dry mustard. Be careful adding salt, most cheese already has a high salt content.

Usually cheddar or processed cheese is used but you can use any kind.
    You can use pre grated cheese but the sauce will be a bit thicker. Pre grated cheeses have a anti caking agent added which acts like flour.