Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spent some time at the Watchbuys Road Show today.

Hybrid View

Spent some time at the Watchbuys Road Show today.

It was great to see Rob and Tim again today for their annual visit to Chicago. Lots of awesome German watches to try on and fiddle with.

Also got to meet Felix who flew in from Germany and is CEO of Hanhart Watches.

So here are some pictures. I hope you enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Let's start with Junghans and Nomos.

The dial on this next one is incredible!

Powered by Nomos

4. Likes FSM71, geoffbot, is that my watch, FuzzyB liked this post
    Excellent photos and report! I sure hope they bring the Roadshow back to Philly. I went when they were here a couple years ago and had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Col Angus View Post
    Let's start with Junghans and Nomos.

I never noticed the circular brushing on that Junghans. I may have to put a little more thought into that one.

Powered by Nomos

Are they sourcing the movement from Nomos on that model? I never knew that. Then again, it is a little tough to distinguish the Nomos Alpha from the Peseux 7001 on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Excellent photos and report! I sure hope they bring the Roadshow back to Philly. I went when they were here a couple years ago and had a great time.

I never noticed the circular brushing on that Junghans. I may have to put a little more thought into that one.

Are they sourcing the movement from Nomos on that model? I never knew that. Then again, it is a little tough to distinguish the Nomos Alpha from the Peseux 7001 on a good day.
    Thanks Fuzzy.

The brushing on the Junghans is very subtle. I don't think you can notice it without a loupe or close up photo.

Yes, that's what Rob told me, at least on this model. We actually put the two backs side by side and they were identical, except the markings.

7. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Angus View Post
    Yes, that's what Rob told me, at least on this model. We actually put the two backs side by side and they were identical, except the markings
    I'm not saying that definitively is not true.... But that * just a peseux 7001 in the photo (I have one in front of me) , the nomos uses their 3/4 plate.
    If they're using a nomos alpha, then nomos arent fitting their 3/4 plate, ergo it's not really an alpha.

So I conclude it is 'just' a 7001 with name engraving, blued screws and Geneva stripes, anyone can do that including junghans
    Last edited by Seriously; Aug 14, 2016 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I'm not saying that definitively is not true.... But that * just a peseux 7001 in the photo (I have one in front of me) , the nomos uses their 3/4 plate.
    If they're using a nomos alpha, then nomos arent fitting their 3/4 plate, ergo it's not really an alpha.

So I conclude it is 'just' a 7001 with name engraving, blued screws and Geneva stripes, anyone can do that including junghans
    You are absolutely right about the 3/4 plate on nomos. Forgot that detail ( I can be a bit foggy headed). But the rest is nomos base movement. But I'll double check to make sure I didn't misinterpret what he said.

Sent from my 5054S using Tapatalk

10. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

Here's the reply. Sorry for any misinformation on my part.

"Hello Victor and we enjoyed very much having you as our guest.

The Junghans manually wound ultra-thin watch is based on a Peseux 7001.

This is the same movement that Nomos used for many years and even today all of their manually wound watches and some automatics are based on this movement design:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/pros...ts-614979.html

Nomos started using the term "in-house" once they started to produce certain parts in this movement, but they still do not make all of the parts and the fundamental design is the same as the Peseux 7001.

http://www.watch-wiki.net/index.php?title=Nomos

https://watchotaku.atlassian.net/wik...t/view/1638798

Today many of the Nomos watches still use ETA Nivarox escapements and hairsprings, but they are slowly switching to Carl Haas hairsprings.

Carl Haas is a spring manufacturer located in Schaumburg, Germany and is a sister company to Junghans (they both have the same owner).

The new Nomos automatic winding ultrathin movement (DUW 3001) does not share DNA with the Peseux 7001 and uses a Carl Haas hairspring.

Thank you.

Rob
    WatchBuys"

Spent some time at the Watchbuys Road Show today.

Let's move on to Hanhart.

A three hander.

Which is based upon this model Felix brought from their museum from the 1940s.

Here's the missus with Felix.

Last edited by Col Angus; Aug 14, 2016 at 03:37 AM.

13. Likes FSM71, is that my watch, FuzzyB liked this post
    Divers from Sinn.

15. Likes FSM71, is that my watch, FuzzyB liked this post
    And some pilot watches.

This is a prototype, not yet available.

The Frankfurt dual time zone.

And some really special watches. First a Damascus Steel watch.

And this model, numbered 0000 of 1000.

Name:  IMG_0126.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  37.2 KB

17. Likes FSM71, is that my watch, FuzzyB liked this post