Likes Likes:  40
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what do you drink apart from Whiskey/Scotch?

So what do you drink apart from Whiskey/Scotch?

Looks like the whiskey thread is taking on epic proportions but I have a confession…………….I hate the stuff.

My favorite drink is Gin- My regulation go to brand is Tanqueray with tonic or with Bitter Lemon with Lime. Cannot be beaten during summer. What else do you guys drink?

Name:  tanqueray_new_design_nov09.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  13.9 KB
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

2. Likes Upstate liked this post
    Other than scotch and bourbon, probably gin, wine, and beer.

My favorite drink is usually a gin and tonic, followed by an Old Fashioned (made with whiskey or even curaçao). On occasion, a martini, but only with gin and only if the vermouth is exquisite.

And I consider dinner to be incomplete without a good glass of wine. Beer, of course, is for the days when you're out on a boat or out grilling. Charred meat and beer are made for each other.

And my favorite licor is probably Cuarenta y tres, with a few glasses of crushed ice.

It would probably be easier to list what I don't drink. No, really. And that would be cider - don't like it.

Otherwise, my favourite/go to...:

Hot drink
    Straight black coffee done in my aeropress aeropresscoffee.co.uk

Soft drink
    None. Tonic if absolutely necessary.

To accompany red meat
    Full bodied red - tempranillo or pinot noir or something. Served in my decanter.

For lunch/to accompany white meat/pasta etc
    New Zealand Marlborough sauvignon blanc. It's the only white wine I drink - crisp, zesty, fresh. They're all great.

Long drink
    Gin and tonic or vodka and tonic, with a lime wedge. Hendricks G&T with cucumber is sublime. Otherwise I haven't been too picky about what vodka or gin I have really.

Cocktail
    Dry gin martini with a twist (not an olive). With the edges of the peel straightened off so they're not jagged, and properly curled.

After dinner
    Homemade Irish coffee (usually with whatever scotch I have though). This is a rarity for me but I make a mean one.

Port with cheese, and scotch with everything, but always with dessert.

Pub drink (home too really) a pint of beer - very much prefer ale, though there are good lagers out there. Anything not too light, not too dark.

Shots: tequila, vodka...not jaegermeister.

Edit: how could I forget sparkling wine?! Processor is my favourite - better than cava and champagne in my opinion. Priced in between, though closer to cava of course. I drink lots of this.

And lots of water. Very important to keep you alive, and not too hungover after the above on a Saturday.
    Last edited by geoffbot; Dec 14, 2014 at 09:59 AM.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    And I consider dinner to be incomplete without a good glass of wine.
    It bloody is! I had a steak for lunch with a client the other day but he wasn't drinking so neither did I; tonic does not compliment a steak!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

6. Likes scottjc, M. Montaigne liked this post
    I don't mind a bit of Cider Geoff!
    I drink a lot less beer than I ever used to but I like Heineken, Corona and the Aussie staples such as Carlton Draught and Victoria Bitter.
    As I said, cannot get enough of Gin.
    I am not a great wine drinker either.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

There are other options?
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

9. Likes CamB, Fire99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by muddy250 View Post
    There are other options?
    haha
    Regards Cam

Watches

11. Likes muddy250 liked this post
    OK.

Beer. Bitter, Belgian, cold lager if it gets warm enough to barbeque.

Tea - earl grey, coffee - fresh roasted beans through the espresso machine, ristretto or flat white depending.

Wine - rioja, chianti, St. Emilion if french but only cos I stayed there for two weeks and found out what I like and dislike about french wine at the hands of some very down to earth chateau owners. As M. Montaigne says, no meal is complete without a glass of wine. White wine in emergency situations i.e, no red.

Port I love. I love that it says drink within two weeks of opening on the bottle ... as if ...

Aperitif, scotch or G&T. Don't care how it comes as long as I can taste the gin and it's wet and cold.

Digestif, scotch, large.
    Last edited by muddy250; Dec 14, 2014 at 10:42 AM.
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

13. Likes Fire99 liked this post

So what do you drink apart from Whiskey/Scotch?

Rum (Bacardi mostly, made here in Puerto Rico... Aged rums are really good).

Red wine - Tempranillo and Pinot Noir.... But most reds from Argentina, Chile or Spain, I like.

A good expresso, black.

Oh, and I won't say no to a beer, a nice dirty martini (vodka) or Tom Collins (gin)
    Joe

Omega / Rolex / Oris / Citizen / Seiko / Alpina / G Shock

Having spent a decade working in a booze shop my answer would be beyond tedious. But I'll say this: Pol Roger champagne is a lot closer to my idea of what champagne should be like than Moet, Veuve and Bolly, and Ruinart Blanc de blanc is closer still (with a heavier price tag)

Geoff, in world of "full bodied reds" Tempranillo and Pinot Noir are pretty feminine...

16. Likes bolaberlim liked this post