Likes Likes:  40
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So what do you drink apart from Whiskey/Scotch?

So what do you drink apart from Whiskey/Scotch?

I gave up beer almost two years ago. For me it's wine during meals. But besides wine I don't drink much else than bourbon/whiskey.

Daily I drink a glass of bourbon and never stray from that, and stick to affordables like WL Weller, Very Old Barton, Old Forester, and Woodford is always in my cabinet.
    I also store Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva rum which I live sipping on occasions
    I like old fashioned coktails

The few times I stray from bourbon is often During the summer when I go out, I drink Gin & Tonic and sometimes Vodka cranberry

When we go to Florida in Clearwater I drink Piña Coladas on the beach and switch back to bourbon in the house we stay at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
    Last edited by Jeep99Dad; Dec 14, 2014 at 04:17 PM.
    JLC - Rolex - Tudor - Weiss - Sinn - Omega - Breitling - Bathys - Swatch - G-Shock
    but it changes often

Instagram: @Jeep99Dad

2. Likes Fire99 liked this post
    In addition to Scotch, I drink a lot of wine and beer. I also like fortified wines such as Port and Sherry, and have been known to enjoy a well made Martini on occasion.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

4. Likes geoffbot, Jeep99Dad, muddy250, bolaberlim liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by cedargrove View Post
    In addition to Scotch, I drink a lot of wine and beer. I also like fortified wines such as Port and Sherry, and have been known to enjoy a well made Martini on occasion.
    I see you have Noilly Prat, I used to live near the "Caves de Noilly" which is located in Marseillan, France. My parents and Gd parents took me there each summer and bought a few bottles.
    I suggest a very refreshing drink: Noilly Cassis. A little crème de cassis, add Noilly and then a bit of Perrier water on top. It's great. Incidentally Perrier is also from the south of France and once can visit Perrier not far from Nîmes (yes where Denim is from :-) ) which is not too long a drive from Noilly :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
    JLC - Rolex - Tudor - Weiss - Sinn - Omega - Breitling - Bathys - Swatch - G-Shock
    but it changes often

Instagram: @Jeep99Dad

6. Likes cedargrove liked this post
    When I was 20 I drank a lot of gin....and when I was 21 I stopped drinking gin. Ahem. But when I fell off that wagon, it was always into the arms of Plymouth Gin - much softer and breezier - no good for a Christ I've Had A Terrible Day sharpener, but an excellent way of losing a sunday afternoon

8. Likes muddy250 liked this post
    Just like Justin Wilson replied when asked what wine goes with what food, 'what wine have you got?'
    Stella, San Miguel for beer. Any wine from Douro, or Barolo. Jamaican Rum, and coke.

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

10. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    It bloody is! I had a steak for lunch with a client the other day but he wasn't drinking so neither did I; tonic does not compliment a steak!
    Steak and gin is just wrong. A good steak (preferably medium rare) with some grilled onions and a glass of red with good body and bouquet. Perhaps some mashed potatoes on the side.

12. Likes Statius liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I love gin. I like red wines too, but I don't drink much anymore.

I am also a bit of a beer drinker, but less now than I had been.

Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    …………….I hate the stuff.
    +1 , like drinking petrol - nuff said.

15. Likes CamB liked this post
    Guinness, though I'm a bit wary when out as I've been served a few dodgy ones; and if they have that vibrating/sonic plate thing and a can - Forget it.
    Last edited by crownpuller; Dec 14, 2014 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Can't spell !
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

I stick to wine and beer, but it's hard to beat the taste and the rush of a couple of gin martinis on an empty stomach.

18. Likes CamB liked this post