Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **** the boy's from the dwarf ****british t.v show ****

**** the boy's from the dwarf ****british t.v show ****

well so I was a spot kid back in the 1980's I was doing the Saturday morning shelf stacking shift at my local food giants.

when one of the guys was talking about this great new show it was in 1988 called red dwarf I was was like hmm you say it's like.. the young one's.. set in space hmm sounded pretty naff but he had taped ( lol back then you tape shows on to vhs cassettes haha) a few episodes so said he would lend it to me.

so a week later I back doing the early morning cardboard collecting at my local food giants and he give me the tape.

so that night I put it in the video record ...

s1 ep1 ---- The End

Aboard the Jupiter Mining Corporation (JMC) vessel Red Dwarf, the lowest-ranking crew member and utter slob Dave Lister (Craig Charles), technician third-class is sentenced to be frozen for 18-months in suspended animation as punishment for breaking quarantine regulations by smuggling his pregnant cat Frankenstein on board, a pet he had obtained while on leave on Titan. He is given the option of either having the cat dissected or be frozen in stasis, he chooses to save his cat. But Lister awakes from stasis only to find the rest of the crew have since been wiped out in a radioactive disaster, and he has actually been frozen for 3-million years. However, to both his relief and horror, he is not alone. The ship's computer Holly (Norman Lovett) has revived Arnold Rimmer (Chris Barrie), his austere and petty bunkmate, in the form of a hologram, he was the one who was responsible for not preventing the accident that wiped out the crew. Also Lister's pregnant cat, Frankenstein, was sealed in the hull during the radiation leak, and her kittens bred there for 3-million years and evolved into a race of humanoid life-forms, Felis sapiens, bred from the domestic housecat and about half as smart. They meet one of these life forms on the ship, Lister decides to call it Cat (Danny John-Jules). The episode ends with Lister saying, "Holly, plot a course for Fiji. Look out Earth, the slime's coming home!"

so this is how I came to be watching red dwarf and have love most of them since the last couple have been a bit reaching but the early stuff was British t.v classic gold

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes muddy250, MarkO, ro63rto, Seriously liked this post
    More I than S underwatermechanic's Avatar
    You can't beat a bit of red dwarf. I am waiting until my daughters are old enough and then I am going to introduce them to it.

lol yeah love the early stuff when it was all the cast who made the show when they started to rely on the graphics they lost it a bit I mean the first four series were all gold
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I grew up watching shows like Red Dwarf and Bottom, happy days !

Brilliant show! And my kids loved it too once they were old enough. Sure I can find one to watch today using the power of catchup TV somewhere. :-)
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

yeah I saw some yesterday on free view they was doing a run of them think there was like six episodes back to back was meaning to do a dwarf thread but had not had the time them seeing them last night I thought what better time then Sunday morning lol

so what's your favourite line's from them ? here a couple of mine

Rimmer: Have you ever been hit on the head with a welding mallet? No? Well, shut up, then.

Cat: Hey, this has been a really good day. I've eaten five times, I've slept six times, and I've made a lot of things mine.

Lister: What time is it?
    Rimmer: [blearily crawls over to the clock on the bedside table] ....Saturday.
    Lister: That the best you can do?
    Rimmer: There are some numbers beside it, but they could be anything.

comedy gold ant they got hundreds
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Loved Red Dwarf.

so as we having been talking Red Dwarf lately thought this might be worth a re-look
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    so what's your favourite line's from them ?
    The one that's 'stuck' with me is:

Kryten: But there are 53 doors from here to the science deck. How on Earth are we going to get through?
    The Cat: Hey! I got it! We laser our way through!
    Kryten: Ah, an excellent plan, sir, with only two minor drawbacks. One, we don't have a power source for the lasers; and two, we don't have any lasers.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

12. Likes is that my watch liked this post