Likes Likes:  3

Thread: A new frankenbeater arrives (6309 content)

A new frankenbeater arrives (6309 content)

Just received this in the post all the way from down under. Someone has taken a Seiko 6309-7290, polished the case, replaced the crystal, fitted a brushed chapter ring, and changed the dial and hands for a set of aftermarket bits styled - not especially accurately if we're honest - after a 62MAS. The seller (nice bloke by the way) told me he got it as part of a job lot and didn't really know much about its history. I paid $80 for it, popped it on a Bonetto Cinturini strap that's worth half what the watch cost, and I sort of love it already. I know the purists will be horrified about the grab-bag nature of it, but there's something immensely freeing about having a watch that's already been tinkered with. There's no more authenticity to be lost, so I can enjoy it without worry; also did I mention it was only eighty bucks? I daresay this one will become my new weekend beater.

2. Likes Ray916MN, CamB, OTGabe liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Yes, it can get out of hand;

Name:  Seiko%u00252BBlue%u00252B11th.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  56.2 KB

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Looks good!
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Great looking watch.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx