Likes Likes:  152
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: So who likes flashlights/torches? My little story of my collection....

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Not into the fancy schmancy super spendy 'artisan' lights, I go for robust, reliable, and small (in most cases at least).

Attachment 101872
    Nice collection. The one on the top right looks interesting. What is it?
    Cheers, Sedi

The Ultratac K18 I had on my keychain prior to my current Lumintop would turn itself on in my pocket in the locked mode (it needed a double-click to unlock). After it died a couple of months ago I came back running to twisties.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Nice collection. The one on the top right looks interesting. What is it?
    It's a Surefire M3 Combatlight with a flip up red filter.

Name:  a1.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  55.1 KB Name:  a2.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  32.0 KB Name:  a3.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  46.4 KB Name:  a4.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  43.0 KB Name:  a5.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  26.4 KB

The red filter is useful for preserving your night vision.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

4. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Guess who had a blond moment today.

I went to grab some stuff from my car a couple of minutes ago and soon after I started digging through the boot I realised I didn't have a torch with me. Deliberated if I should go back and get one for half a minute when it dawned on me that I had one in my phone. Good.

Thing is, only back at my flat did I realise that my 'emergency' Lumintop had been happily dangling at my keychain all that time.

6. Likes Strange, Sedi liked this post
    And this is slowly turning into a collection, I guess. Today arrived another one that I was really looking forward to, as it combines almost everything I wanted:
    - one hand operation with double tail clicky for turbo and strobe
    - 21700 battery
    - USB-C rechargeable
    - charging indicator (something I do miss on my Nextorch TA30 which is otherwise pretty good)
    Astonishingly there are not that many out there which combine all these features in a package that is still EDC-friendly.
    So a little unboxing:

So the brand should be clear. It's a Nitecore.

The P20i. A really nice flashlight. Comes with all the goodies, too:

Spare o-ring, lanyard, "fast-draw"-holster (something for police and security, I'll probably not use it), charging cable, battery-adapter to use CR123A and I think even an 18650 might fit, which makes up for the special 21700 cell they use -- the only downside IMO but the build quality, UI, brightness, etc. is all really great and the double tail clicky works much better than on my Klarus 360x1 (I ordered the standard tailcap as a spare since the 360-tailcap is so glitchy and often doesn't work the way it should).
    The Nitecore has a nice heft to it, probably due to the large battery and stainless steel bezel, which I think, goes all the way down to the heat-sinking.
    A few more pics:

The small collection:

Charging it up:

I really like that I now can use the same charger for my flashlight and phone and IMO USB-C is a big improvement over micro USB. The rubber cover sits nice and tight. My only complaint is the slightly flimsy clip -- so I really would only use it to fix it inside my pocket but definitely not on the outside of a belt or something. Chances are you might lose it. But there is the nice holster for that purpose.
    The flashlight is more or less purely designed for "tactical" use -- it has no outdoor mode, beacon or SOS but I like that kind of "KISS"-approach. It's just ON, OFF, strobe and the strobe-button is also used as mode button to cycle from turbo to mid and low. My first Nitecore but maybe not my last.
    Cheers, Sedi

8. Likes rodia77, tribe125 liked this post
    I don't know if it's common knowledge, but I thought I'd throw it in just in case someone is unaware: you can save your battery a good bit if you store your torches 'disconnected', which usually means untwisting the battery cap to a point where clicking the power button doesn't switch the torch on. That's for clickies. For twisties, I'd assume that turned off is already disconnected, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

10. Likes Sedi liked this post
    I completely forgot I have this one. It has been clipped to a travel bag for AGES and the battery is still making light.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

12. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Today I received the new tailcap for my Klarus 360x1 -- works perfectly now and it can also tail-stand. Although it is strictly speaking not a "360" anymore, since it lacks the 360-switch. If anyone is interested in that one, I'd recommend getting the extra tail switch, which is not expensive. Strangely, the homepage doesn't mention that it fits this model. But youtube did.
    Considering the price of the light 48.96 on the klarus-site and the tail-cap 7.50 -- I think it is a really good deal. One could of course just get a XT2CR but the 360x1 has slightly more lumens and a bit more throw. And the XT2CR is more expensive.
    https://klaruslightstore.com/collect...11x-xt32-xt30r

Last edited by Sedi; Oct 29, 2020 at 06:43 PM.
    Cheers, Sedi

14. Likes rodia77, tribe125 liked this post
    So this was mentioned on TZUK, and the price below 20 quid with a decent battery included quickly helped me figure it would make sense to have something rechargable at hand.

Name:  signal-2020-12-03-144811_001.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  36.8 KB

Sofirn SC31B. It replaces my Armytek as the 'always within a reach' light. Larger, heavier and, in fairness, clumsier to use, but that's not an issue when it's going to be mostly lying and moved around the house.

16. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Nifty little UV light from Schofield does a nice job firing up the Lume

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pacifico66; Jan 20, 2021 at 09:37 PM.

18. Likes tribe125, rodia77, Fantasio, Raza liked this post