Likes Likes:  152
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: So who likes flashlights/torches? My little story of my collection....

It looks like I never added the photo. Nitecore MT26

2021-01-20_06-54-37 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    I completely forgot I have this one. It has been clipped to a travel bag for AGES and the battery is still making light.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

2. Likes Sedi, rodia77, Mediocre liked this post
    Sooo... taken by the quality and sensible charging solution of my new SC31B, but missing the convenience of angled Tiara A1, I ordered and today received Sofirn SP40.

Name:  signal-2021-01-28-145217_003.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  53.9 KB

Very similar builds but very different output: the SP gives much warmer tint, is dimmer, and is much floodier compared to the cold and throwy (but with a good spill) SC. Also, the UI points are toned down a lot. Comes with a headband and an extra tube that allows to use an 18350 cell rather than 18650.

Name:  signal-2021-01-28-145217_001.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  64.0 KB

The tube should be compatible with my SC, but I can't screw it in all the way, will investigate sometime later (fits well the SP so I don't think it's defective). All in all, very happy with both. If I was to have one gripe, it's the lack of a dedicated lanyard hole -- the only way to attach a lanyard without mods is to the pocket clip, which is a so-so solution.

Two more differences: the SC has a breathing power button option, while the SP doesn't; and the SP has a magnet in the butt cap, while the SC doesn't.
    Last edited by rodia77; Jan 28, 2021 at 02:18 PM.

4. Likes Sedi, Mediocre liked this post
    ^^^
    So, it's technically a headlamp.

Name:  71sg95FCZiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  69.9 KB

I read lots of enthusiastic comments about headlamps and their convenience of use, but somehow never had a need to use one myself. Or I thought I didn't have such a need. Yesterday I was fixing my keyboard and when I figured I might need one more hand to hold the light, I remembered about the headband. Boy, did it make a difference! The light is staying on it and I don't see it changing anytime soon!

Just recently got this little thing.
    Lumintop EDC PICO rechargeable

15 lumens for 4hrs45min
    OR
    130 lumens for 25mins

7. Likes rodia77, Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Name:  240835449_3057027487951657_3359069159143875308_n.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  43.5 KB

I have been really enjoying my Emisar D4v2 Ti. Oddly handy little light. Has the big top end for that fun factor, but ramps down for proper usability.

9. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Confession.

Every time we go into storm prep mode I use it as an excuse to grab some interesting new flashlights. Lemonade from the lemons and such!

11. Likes happyscrappyheropup, geoffbot, Spooky liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Confession.

Every time we go into storm prep mode I use it as an excuse to grab some interesting new flashlights. Lemonade from the lemons and such!
    That's when I break out the 3 D cell Maglight

13. Likes happyscrappyheropup, Spooky, Mediocre liked this post
    What a great light. 35 years ago I had the 3 cell and 4 or 5 cell. It doubles for self protection.

Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    That's when I break out the 3 D cell Maglight

15. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    I was sorting through lights in my drawer when I realized I need to order some fresh CR123 cells. Then out of no where this thought hits me. 2-1/2 years ago I left the batteries in my helmet light, stored away in my gear bag. I better get those old dead batts out of that high dollar light. Please don't let them have leaked out by now. To my surprise the batts were fine and still worked!

Streamlight Vantage

2021-09-01_09-41-55 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

2021-09-01_09-45-57 by Chuck Miller, on Flickr

17. Likes rodia77, Spooky, Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    I was sorting through lights in my drawer when I realized I need to order some fresh CR123 cells.
    16340's not allowed in your light?

19. Likes Mediocre liked this post