Likes Likes:  152
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So who likes flashlights/torches? My little story of my collection....

Just got a new custom by Enrique Muyshondt. This model is the Aeon MKIII in copper.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  70.8 KB

Views: 136
Size:  100.4 KB

2. Likes geoffbot, rodia77 liked this post
    Shiny. Do you ever use them for anything, jp?!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

4. Likes -JP liked this post
    Sure do. When everyone is asleep at night keep all the lights off in the house to not disturb anyone And use a low setting light to see my way around be the house without losing my night vision by turning on bright house lights. Dusting and vacuuming. It's amazing how much more dust bunnies and cob webs you find with a little flashlight pointing things out. Help with dropping and falling of tiny things under the couch fridge, at restaurants and dark theatres etc Night walks with my one year old. Lots of bad sidewalks in my neighborhood you can trip over in the dark. Not to mention speeding cars passing by gives them a better view of us. Searching for things in the basement. Got a flat tire at 5am last year driving to work having a light on me made me able to change it myself instead of waiting for roadside assistance for god knows how long. Camping and early morning fishing. I'm probably leaving out about 100 other things .
    Any gadget guy or anyone that had the above issue I recommend trying one out. Doesn't have to be a 500 dollar light, just a decent quality one. Many may find themselves saying how they went without one for so long.
    Last edited by -JP; Sep 18, 2016 at 01:03 PM.

6. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    It's just like any other hobby of collecting and using things. Watches, knives, pens, flashlights....there is a deep end and skies the limit depending on how much hand made custom work or quality craftsmanship you want.
    Cheap or expensive, they all do the same tasks in the end. So it's up to the buyer what they are comfortable with.

Oh yeah but I wear a watch every day, never feel that need for a flashlight
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Just try one.
    An Olight Baton, Fenix or Maratac is inexpensive and a great starter.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 135
Size:  23.3 KB

10. Likes geoffbot, rodia77 liked this post
    My collection is in fact a collection. I use certain lights for certain tasks. I'm not too crazy usually it's this one that comes with me daily. It's the Prometheus Beta copper key chain light. It's great because it makes a great little key chain accessory and stays on my keys. It's patented releas system makes it easy to pop off the key ring and use independently. It's not much of an issue to carry it. It's hardly noticeable on my key chain and it's there for when I need it.
Views: 129
Size:  33.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  28.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

12. Likes geoffbot, Raza, rodia77 liked this post
    Well, needless to say I have expensive tastes and whatever I get into I usually try to seek out the very best I could afford. As I recently dove into custom knives and pens I have been spending time getting my flashlights on par with my other custom gear. Here is my current line up of what many would consider to be some of the finest custom flashlights in the world.

I know it can sound silly I heard many say to me "I could understand knives, watches and pens but flashlights "

That's how I felt but in the same way a fine watch, pen or knife can be crafted I have found a deep appreciation for the not only the impeccable machining and designs of these lights but the technology packed into them as well.

Name:  IMG_2377.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  78.8 KB

These two are extremely rare and special. Made by a man Jeff Hanko.
    They are called Hanko Machine Works. The left is done in copper and the right is Titanium. The clips are also custom made by a company called Steel Flame.

Name:  IMG_3279.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  114.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4236.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  64.6 KBName:  IMG_4275.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  62.9 KBName:  IMG_3622.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  57.4 KBName:  IMG_1858.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  91.1 KBName:  IMG_2549.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  55.7 KBName:  IMG_2242.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  51.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   

14. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    Name:  IMG_4236.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  64.6 KB
    Like that one
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

16. Likes -JP liked this post
    Thanks its called an Okluma made by Jeff Sapp. Its an interesting blend of aluminum and bronze. It already has gotten much darker but I can always make it shiny again if i want to!

18. Likes Seriously liked this post