Likes Likes:  42
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have any TAG/Heuer

This is it! People talk about S. Mcqueen, but it was Walter White who made me discover the amazing Watch World

Blog Entries
    This is another one that I would happily go for if I had the funds. Like my Sinn 103, this watch would be perfect for going after Carlos The Jackal, circa 1982. It's a Heuer Carrera 510.523 with a Lemania 5100 under the bonnet.

Picture courtesy of the very addictive https://heuerville.wordpress.com

Spend some time looking at the superb photos on that blog. There's not one dog among them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Savagely Average
    I do not really know enough about TH to offer a truly interesting response. I would love to own a Grand Carrera GMT though

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    I do not really know enough about TH to offer a truly interesting response. I would love to own a Grand Carrera GMT though

Those normally turn up in the LVMH friends and family sale, more so now that the watch is slated for being discontinued (or has production actually stopped already?).

Keep an eye out as they are always the biggest losers in the sales price stakes.

5. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
    Those normally turn up in the LVMH friends and family sale, more so now that the watch is slated for being discontinued (or has production actually stopped already?).

Keep an eye out as they are always the biggest losers in the sales price stakes.
    Thanks for the information, I was not aware!!! I believe production has already stopped.

The last time I asked them, they had only just produced the catalogue and the model wasn't in it but they couldn't tell me if production had stopped or not (y'know, fulfilling existing orders and/or whatnot). This was last year so I assume it has ceased but without confirmation, i rather not stick my neck out.

It is a good looking watch. A bit big maybe but short lugs makes it wearable even in smaller wrists.
    The C17 chronograph, especially with the black dial is very eye catching with the Geneva striped windows on the sub-dials.

Blog Entries
    Man, I recall the big hoopla that TH made about the Grand Carrera series when it was first released. Clever line of watches and they were a pretty steady seller, considering their price point.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

I used to lust after this one, but not any more - I prefer classic styles nowadays.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Weird how no one has mentioned those beautiful vintage heuer bund chronos.
    (Image shamelessly taken from google)

In other news i tried on a 1887 bullhead this weekend at a local AD. Loved it but alas didnt have the budget for it. Even if it was 40% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current and Collection:
    Rolex Submariner No-Date Ceramic, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Datejust II, Rolex Milgauss ZBlue, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Tudor Hydonaut, Tudor Blackbay, Tudor Pelagos

11. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    Man, I recall the big hoopla that TH made about the Grand Carrera series when it was first released. Clever line of watches and they were a pretty steady seller, considering their price point.
    Some of the buzz around the Grand Carrera is that the watch marked a new direction in how the company would approach design; they adopted a strategy in the way that automotive companies do/did and went to an outside source for commissioned design work.

Enter London based Christoph Behling. In effect, his studio runs all of the design for the entire TAGHeuer (products - not cothing) brand.
    Pretty much every new (prototyped) model since the Grand Carrera comes from his desk.