Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (another) FedEx rant.

Hybrid View

Angry (another) FedEx rant.

(*&^%$&^*&(^*#! Ok, I know you've heard it all before, but dammit, FedEx! I ordered an Isofrane strap ($99) for my new Monster, and those friggin' HIGHWAY ROBBERS at FedEx want a $25 "customs fee" (read courier/brokerage fee). Twenty-five dollars on a one-hundred dollar item! Last time I ordered from Isofrane, I bought TWO straps at $129/each, and the brokerage fee was only $20! WTH do these clowns do....throw darts at a board to determine how much they're going to fleece a customer?

GEEZ!

/rant.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

More I than S underwatermechanic's Avatar
    When my Cerberus cleared customs I had to pay £20 customs changes and £28 in "processing" fees. Robbing bar stewards

3. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    I never use my FedEx account on incoming packages because if I do they don't bother to do the paperwork before they give me the parcel so if they make a mistake on the customs declaration they say it cannot be corrected. A friend with another business got stung with a $500 charge because they did the paperwork wrong.
    My lab delivery is usually no charge, today it was $19 with no explanation.

UPS are no better, it is not unusual for them to take 6 months to get the paperwork done correctly.
    As for DHL they don't even bother to deliver, I have to go to the office to collect despite paying for door to door delivery.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

(another) FedEx rant.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    As for DHL they don't even bother to deliver, I have to go to the office to collect despite paying for door to door delivery.
    Count yourself lucky...... It could have been Delivered Half-way Lost......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes MarkO, Bwana liked this post
    Isofrane usually pays my fees to the US.

"He's just a witness"

Quote Originally Posted by Drop of a Hat View Post
    Does that suggest a fairly healthy profit margin?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Does that suggest a fairly healthy profit margin?

Absolutely. It's a $100+ strap made by the company that puts out straps of the same reported quality in the $30-40 range. If I recall correctly, Bonneto Cinturini is the owner of ISOfrane.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop of a Hat View Post

"He's just a witness"
    The whole thing seems a bit of a crapshoot. Random expensive courier fees, Isofrane paying for some customers' fees and not others. I don't know why that didn't just put the strap in the regular mail. It took six days to get here via FedEx; it wouldn't have been much longer (and a lot cheaper) if it had been sent by snailmail.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    (*&^%$&^*&(^*#! Ok, I know you've heard it all before, but dammit, FedEx! I ordered an Isofrane strap ($99) for my new Monster, and those friggin' HIGHWAY ROBBERS at FedEx want a $25 "customs fee" (read courier/brokerage fee). Twenty-five dollars on a one-hundred dollar item! Last time I ordered from Isofrane, I bought TWO straps at $129/each, and the brokerage fee was only $20! WTH do these clowns do....throw darts at a board to determine how much they're going to fleece a customer?

GEEZ!

/rant.

~Sherry.
    Sherry, take it easy. Your wrathful vibes are causing a ruckus in Jersey! I saw the "highway robbers" line above and new right away that you were behind the crash.

12. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    It's pretty low of FedEx to charge the shipper a fee and the recipient. I can't say I'm surprised. If FedEx went bankrupt I'd have a house party to celebrate. Can't stand them.