Likes Likes:  402
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: £££££££ WRUW Sunday 04/09/2016 £££££££

Hybrid View

£££££££ WRUW Sunday 04/09/2016 £££££££

Well still up and there is no wruw yet so why don't I change that so am going to go with this I think

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Happy Sunday, IWL.

Name:  Breguet_Type_6b.JPG
Views: 171
Size:  300.8 KB

Back to the Eterna tomorrow...

Name:  Eterna chrono.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  55.5 KB

My bride and I got together with Mr and Mrs Micor tonight here in Boston. Super nice people and can't wait to see them again!

Name:  Micor.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  44.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post

My bride and I got together with Mr and Mrs Micor tonight here in Boston. Super nice people and can't wait to see them again!

So glad to see two of my fav people could meet!

hope next time i could join you guys...

I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

In class today so nothing exciting. Just dependable.

All RR, all the time

Weekly rotation:

In my pocket, a 1951 Ball-Hamilton 999B. I have one younger example (1953). This one has a Montgomery dial (minute markers around the edge, with the 5's in red) and is in an actual Ball case. At this point in history, Ball-Hamilton and Hamilton were the only game in town for classic RR grade watches. I suspect that, by now, the rich folk bought the Ball-Hamilton's and the working stiffs opted for the Hamiltons. Once we get past 1953, all I have in my collection are Hamilton 992Bs - until 1968, when we reached the end of the line.

Name:  BallHamilton1B23984_4September2016.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  78.3 KB
    Name:  BallHamilton1B23984Movement4September2016.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  111.1 KB

On my wrist, the wave of the future. A RR approved Bulova Accutron "hummer". Fresh from the spa, it is humming along nicely. From 1965. Could this be the watch that killed Hamilton?

Name:  AccutronRR4September2016.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  59.7 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    Weekly rotation:

In my pocket, a 1951 Ball-Hamilton 999B.

On my wrist, the wave of the future. A RR approved Bulova Accutron "hummer".

Two great watches. That pocket watch is beautiful.

-- Wayne

8. Likes iyonk liked this post

That's a whole bunch of nice watches there. Thanks for sharing

10. Likes mlcor, Samanator, wschofield3 liked this post

oh cool it's nice to have a chat with some about watches that don't get a glaze look in there eyes after about ten minutes and putting a face with a name is cool too ant it and now when you read there post you tend to here it in there voice now

glad you had a nice time guys hope the partners did not mind all the watch chat
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

We had a great time, too, and appreciated you guys coming into town to meet us. Turns out Walter and I have a fair amount of common interests, and are at about the same point in our lives (we even share the same birth year). If I'd known in advance, I would have brought a couple more watches--maybe another time.

Meanwhile the wrist shot is conclusive proof that (1) we both exist, and (2) are not the same person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk