Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How is the Christmas Shopping going?

Hybrid View

How is the Christmas Shopping going?

Its very stressful in shopping centres at this time of year. I'm about 80% done and I only started on the weekend. Last night I went the the shopping centre at about 7.00pm as it was open till about 9pm-this was a great strategy as it was reasonably quiet compared to during the day. I also ducked out from work today and picked up stuff for my kids, nieces and nephews. I can't help it- I always leave xmas shopping to relatively late.
    How are you going? Got any Xmas shopping strategies to share?

I might add that I am racking uo the numbers on my credit card this week.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

bighead
    I hate people. I hate shopping centers, malls, lines, parking lots, rude people, stupid people, smelly people, beggars, con men, scammers, bad parents with their inappropriate kids, etc., etc. I LOVE amazon.com. And IWL.

Mike.

3. Likes Seriously, scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by bajachild View Post
    I hate people. I hate shopping centers, malls, lines, parking lots, rude people, stupid people, smelly people, beggars, con men, scammers, bad parents with their inappropriate kids, etc., etc. I LOVE amazon.com. And IWL.

Mike.
    I hate the parking - I was in Toys r Us the other day and it had massive lines wating to be served and only two young girls on duty- I nearly lost it waiting.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

bighead
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    I hate the parking - I was in Toys r Us the other day and it had massive lines wating to be served and only two young girls on duty- I nearly lost it waiting.
    I've lost it so many times just driving to places like at. I know what's in store when I get there and I get worked up on the drive. NEVER again!!

6. Likes CamB liked this post

Mike.

Life's too short for all that hating.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

8. Likes Seriously, bolaberlim, OTGabe liked this post
    bighead
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    Life's too short for all that hating.
    So I should put myself into places that make me miserable? Life is too short to be unhappy. So I avoid unhappiness. I love more things than I hate, so I'm ahead.

I also hate lima beans.

Mike

10. Likes Der Amf, Seriously liked this post
    Blog Entries
    So I should put myself into places that make me miserable? Life is too short to be unhappy. So I avoid unhappiness. I love more things than I hate, so I'm ahead.

I also hate lima beans.

Mike
    Oh, I like lima beans. Don't care for crowded malls or waiting in line, though.

bighead
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Oh, I like lima beans. Don't care for crowded malls or waiting in line, though.
    lima beans were part of the veggie medley I got as a kid. No amount of butter could erase the chalky texture. To the dog they went (under the table, of course)

13. Likes boatme99, jsw41 liked this post
    So I should put myself into places that make me miserable?
    I don't remember saying that. I go all my shopping done without fighting any gory battles with crowded malls, like a salmon trying to swim upriver just to die! And while there was certainly a mix, I didn't do it all online either.

My point was that your hate is unfounded. I don't really care if you're a hater, I'm just suggesting that you don't have to be: there's a better way.

To each his own. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    To each his own. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    **** off !